What's new

ChkWAN - How do I uninstall ChkWAN.sh ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elmer

Need to uninstall ChkWAN, and there is nothing about uninstalling in the documentation. Thanks.

Need to uninstall ChkWAN, and there is nothing about uninstalling in the documentation. Thanks.

Looks like all you need to do is just run this command:

Code:
rm /jffs/scripts/ChkWAN.sh

Thanks, but that somehow seems a bit inelegant, and I'd be assuming some files get left behind, not to mention cron entries. But, if it's a manual job, so be it. Live and learn.

Thanks, but that somehow seems a bit inelegant, and I'd be assuming some files get left behind, not to mention cron entries. But, if it's a manual job, so be it. Live and learn.
What instructions did you follow to install it? Do the reverse of that.

Yep, it's manual. Looking through the ChkWAN.sh code, there's a slight chance there may also be a "/jffs/scripts/ChkWAN_Reset_CRON.sh"... so just:

Code:
rm /jffs/scripts/ChkWAN_Reset_CRON.sh

The wiki is here:
The install process is:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MartineauUK/Chk-WAN/master/ChkWAN.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/ChkWAN.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/ChkWAN.sh"
I'm not thinkin' that's a recipe for uninstall even in reverse.
Nope... that's just a:

Code:
rm /jffs/scripts/ChkWAN.sh

Okay. Thanks much for your reply. It's time for me to do a factory reset and reinstall from scratch anyway. That'll do it.

There might be an entry in services-start to be cleaned up.