What's new

Cisco 2.5 gig port switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
Anybody using the new Cisco 2.5 gig port switches. The new Cisco wireless APs like the WAP581 support 2.5 gig connection with POE. I am wondering how well they work. I want to upgrade at some point.

You mean stuff like the new SG350X-8PMD?
SG350X-8PMD-K9-NA_1024x1024.jpg

I'm definitely salivating over it... but at $1395 it's still a bit steep.

I'll wait 6-12 months until stock builds and pricing starts to fall, but yeah, the 350X series with 2.5GbE is a nice product line.

I don't need the stacking feature so it is a bit cheaper, about half price. I was looking at the SG350-8PD-K9-NA switch. But I might buy 1 with more ports if I can find a deal.

I believe the X signifies stacking which costs a lot more.

Ahh, yes. The non-X version:
linksys-sg350-8pd-k9-eu.jpg

I would venture 40-50% cheaper street price as well.

Only mediocre part is I believe uplinks are 1Gb, so you'd need to LACP 2 or 3 trunk ports to avoid bottlenecking your 2.5Gb ingress/egress, if they saturate beyond 40-50%. But if that's your only switch, or your traffic load isn't that high all that often, then I suppose no big deal. Still a good model to choose from.

You mean stuff like the new SG350X-8PMD?
View attachment 19255
I'm definitely salivating over it... but at $1395 it's still a bit steep.

I'll wait 6-12 months until stock builds and pricing starts to fall, but yeah, the 350X series with 2.5GbE is a nice product line.

I am waiting for this too!
I don't need PoE tho... I wonder how noisy it is.
I didn't see anything similar in specs and form factor from other brands.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!