What's new

Cisco CBW240ac Wireless AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
Anybody use one of these? I ordered a 3 pk today. The specs seem good to me. You can have 200 users per radio for a total of 400 with a 1000 in the system.

It seems to imply you can use google or Facebook to register as a guest. This sounds great to me. Trying to run a web page is too much trouble for me.

They are supposed You can have up to 50 APs connected. This does not help me.

They support 4 levels of QoS Cisco calls it traffic shaping voice, video, normal, guest low priority. Under normal they have a lot of bandwidth limiting rules you can apply.

It also supports mesh networks up to 8 hops.

It has two 1 gig ports so I will connect up with a lag when I get them.

Amazon has them for $169 but they are sold out so I ordered a 3 pk.

PS
Here is a link for traffic shaping.

Last edited:
I am searching all over the net for info on these units LOL! But no real world reviews are out yet.... The community would really appreciate if you gave an in-depth review on this new system... I private messaged you on DSLReports...

My order was messed up and I did not notice for a week and by then they were gone. So, I don't own any.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online