What's new

Cisco SG200-08 vs. NetGear GS108Tv2 vs. HP ProCurve 1810G-8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sroberts

New Around Here
I need several small gigabit switches that support VLANs and link aggregation. I am considering the following switches:

Cisco SG200-08
NetGear GS108Tv2
HP ProCurve 1810G-8

Are you aware of any performance advantages of one over the others, or any other (non-price) reason to prefer one over the others?

There seem to be several negative reviews of the Cisco and NetGear switches on sites such as Amazon, NewEgg, etc. and problem reports in the user forums on both the Cisco and NetGear sites.

Thanks!

You won't find performance (throughput) differences in Gigabit switches. But with smart/managed switches you can have firmware problems.

HP ProCurves generally get good marks, but they are expensive. You might also consider Dell switches, which can be a good deal sometimes.

I have a procure 1410-24. No issues running it round the clock. Lifetime warranty is a plus. Should have pick up a used 1810g when I saw it on craigslist.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!