What's new

Clear NVRAM + WPS clarification

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iManuB

Regular Contributor
Hi everyone.

I have a question:

Is it normal that, after turning off the router, clicking the WPS button during power up, I do not see the Power LED blink (even after thirty seconds)?

In my old RT-AC3200 Router I saw the Power LED flash, then I released the WPS button and restarted the whole thing.
In my RT-AC86U, however, I have to switch off and on again. It takes me back to the configuration of the Wizard, so I assume that it has cleaned the NVRAM.

Is there anyone who can tell me if it's normal or not? :)

On my 5300's and my 68U's they do indeed blink if you successfully hold the WPS button during boot up. I just reset everything the last couple of days, I rebuilt the system from scratch after updating. I say successfully because one time I think I held the wrong button way back when.

I did have one that seemed to take a lot longer than I anticipated but that's likely because I was in a hurry, and wanting to get back to setting things up. I still swear it took extra time. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply. I'm 100% sure that, on my RT-AC3200, it took only thirty seconds. Maybe in this AC86U, it takes more seconds? But it seems really strange to me.