What's new

Comment and Forum linked up?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iwod

Regular Contributor
I found it hard to follow things, when an article has a comment system which is not in anyway linked to the forum.

So for one site you have two user interaction point. And questions will properly be asked twice.

Point taken. I'm thinking of getting rid of the comment system and creating a forum link for each article.

What do people think of this idea?

If this is implemented, I ask that article discussion gets its own section (say, "Front Page Discussion") instead of being filed into an existing one.

Yep. The discussions would be in one or more separate sections.

Yep, that's absolutely the way to go. Also makes it a ton easier to find those threads on a historical basis down the road as the forum search tools become your friend.

Ok. Sounds like a plan then.

I'll try to get this set up. Importing the old comments will take a little bit of work. But new articles should be easy.

Thanks for the feedback.

I want to comment on the DCS camera dome article

Sounds like the new comment feature is not set up yet? Maybe you should enable the old function until you are ready to bring this on line.

Sounds like the new comment feature is not set up yet? Maybe you should enable the old function until you are ready to bring this on line.

Sorry. Forgot to set the link. It's there now.

1). It might be useful if posters of the original thread don't do it, to edit in a direct link to the article being commented on in the first post of the thread.

2). Please consider adding the home page of the site to your breadcrumb at the top of the forum. I know, after puzzling around, that I finally discovered the logo at the top of the page was a link to the home page of the site, but some of us old vbulletin people are used to being able to use the breadcrumb to get there too.