What's new

RT-AC68P and Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cihamilton

New Around Here
Hey! Sorry for the noob questions here.

I have a RT-AC68P that needs some firmware updates (last one was in 2020).

The Asus support page doesn't offer drivers for the P version, however it offers drivers for the RT-AC86U, which seems to be the same device but had a different number for marketing/pricing.

I found this on the forum: https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/R...AC68P-Router-Firmware-3-0-0-4-386-51255.shtml
Which I am considering flashing, however I always wanted to try some of the features offered by Merlin and figure I might get better longer support for the router if I switch to Merlin. Since I'm overly concerned about bricking my device, I just wanted to double check that it is indeed to flash it with this version: RT-AC68U_386.12_4.zip

Many thanks in advance!

The Asus support page doesn't offer drivers for the P version, however it offers drivers for the RT-AC86U, which seems to be the same device but had a different number for marketing/pricing.
The RT-AC86U is not the same as the RT-AC68U. Was that a typo?

The RT-AC68U is the same as the RT-AC68P. Yes the current Merlin version for that router is 386.12_4. Or you can use the stock firmware (386_51668) that was released last month.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!