What's new

compiling firmware for ipsec

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cosmoxl

Have seen the info about ipsec being incompatible with some new things and that we'd have to compile our own to return kernel support for ipsec.

Please give me a short summary of what it would take to compile my own firmware that includes ipsec. I have no linux box currently and have never compiled previously. But, I'm just another home user that finds l2tp/ipsec very handy to have as an option to connect to a VPN service because it (for some reason, not CPU usage) is usually faster than openVPN. And I have no need for the new QOS, etc. I'm using the AC68. Thanks.

Have seen the info about ipsec being incompatible with some new things and that we'd have to compile our own to return kernel support for ipsec.

Please give me a short summary of what it would take to compile my own firmware that includes ipsec. I have no linux box currently and have never compiled previously. But, I'm just another home user that finds l2tp/ipsec very handy to have as an option to connect to a VPN service because it (for some reason, not CPU usage) is usually faster than openVPN. And I have no need for the new QOS, etc. I'm using the AC68. Thanks.

See the wiki for instructions on how to setup a build environment using a Virtual Machine (with Virtualbox for example).

In target.mak, just make sure that BWDPI is set to "n", and IPSEC is set to "y".

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!