What's new

Configuring NTP server for a bridged DSL-N14u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carlos M.

Regular Contributor
Hi, after bridged my dls modem from Asus and putted a N66u as a main router I can't set the time from a NTP server in my modem.

I can't find where can I setup a gateway for my modem to internet and then, I supose, can't reach the NTP server to get the right time.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hi, after bridged my dls modem from Asus and putted a N66u as a main router I can't set the time from a NTP server in my modem.
you prob should have just posted this in your other thread but

there is no need to set the ntp server in the modem as it achieves nothing , once bridged the modem is just a transparent link between the exchange and your router , the router when set in pppoe mode holds the connection and does all the routing , the only reason to even access the modem once bridged is is you have some overly obsessive need to keep checking the dsl stats as no other function in a bridged modem works as its all bypassed , the ntp is done by the router and all devices connect behind the router and only the router connects to the bridged modem

Ok, understand. Just to keep the right time at the logs of the modem.
I saw lot of activity but can't confirm the right time.
Is not a big need but I've the modem as a wireless AP and could be good. Other things like firmware update checks will need a gateway to reach internet and I would like to know how can I do it from the modem LAN ports.

Thanks!!

you cant use the bridged modem as an access point as its wifi doesnt connect to the internet ether , as i said once bridged all its functionality is bypassed including its wifi connectivity to the internet , the wifi should be disabled before bridging for this reason