What's new

configuring VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lucksin

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am new to configuring network and VPN and i am trying to configure VPN on asus rt n66u.I am sorry if this has been asked already, i tried searching it over internet and over this forum but wasnt successful. i am running a merlin build 3.0.0.4.372.30_2. here my scenario: i have a ADSL modem which connects to Internet and has a static IP configured. A LAN cable goes from my ADSL modem into internet port of asus to feed the internet to rest of the network.

while activating VPN i get WAN ip as a local 192.168.1.2 whereas my static IP is different. how can i get the Static IP as WAN ip so that i can get VPN working.

rgds

Hi all,

I am new to configuring network and VPN and i am trying to configure VPN on asus rt n66u.I am sorry if this has been asked already, i tried searching it over internet and over this forum but wasnt successful. i am running a merlin build 3.0.0.4.372.30_2. here my scenario: i have a ADSL modem which connects to Internet and has a static IP configured. A LAN cable goes from my ADSL modem into internet port of asus to feed the internet to rest of the network.

while activating VPN i get WAN ip as a local 192.168.1.2 whereas my static IP is different. how can i get the Static IP as WAN ip so that i can get VPN working.

rgds

Your ADSL modem sounds like it is a router/modem. Is that the case?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!