What's new

connmon connmon - Internet connection monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Jack Yaz I checked on the code and propose the following modification to the code base.

FROM (LINE 1192):
Code:
if [ "$SIZEDB" -gt "$((SIZEAVAIL*1024))" ]; then

TO (LINE 1192):
Code:
if [ "$SIZEDB" -gt "$SIZEAVAIL" ]; then

I have tried to create a dummy script to simulate this scenario (See attachment)
Code:
admin@RT-AC86U-7CA8:/tmp/home/root# bash test.sh
SCRIPT_STORAGE_DIR: /opt/share/connmon.d
SIZEAVAIL: 7256944
SIZEDB: 212992

Original Code:
Database size exceeds available space. 208.0KB is required to create backup.

Modified Code:
Sufficient free space to back up database, proceeding...

Maybe this could help you resolve the issue and release a patch. :)

Note: It would be a good thing to add an option where a user will be asked if he wants to back up the previous database and also to check on the lock files before performing any deletion to the database files.

By the way. This is a great tool for monitoring your connection. Really appreciate this one. Cheers!
the error is exactly as i suspected. posix/bash multiplication can't handle the large number that results from multiplying. I'll patch in a fix today

A quick question. How does Connmon interact with dual WAN?

I currently have a dual wan setup with devices split between each WAN based on what they are. Would like to monitor both connections but if that fails would like to choose the one that i'm monitoring (I may just be blind and have missed the options. searched this thread and the old one and didn't find any mention of dual wan.)

Edit: I'm on a Asus RT-AC86U on merlin 386.3_2

How long does it take for the stats to update. I just recently install this and run a manual ping test and still see no results in the latest ping results graph. Or any charts for that matter. Do I need to wait a full 24 hours before I start seeing anything?

Seems that setting it to save to usb and then back to jffs fixes it and lets me see the stats

Last edited:
Hey. Is multi destination ping feature in the roadmap or not? The reason I'm asking is i want to have it ping two destinations. One to my local servers and one to somewhere outside my country since sometimes ISP or the link to say other countries is down and the only way to know if it's a fully down internet or just a link to other countries issue is from pinging IPs. Thanks! If it's not planned then no worries!! Was just wondering!!
Is this still on the wishlist?
Would love to have this too.

@Jack Yaz / anyone here

Anyone experience issues running conmon every minute (which is running it constantly) vs every 3 minutes?

Is this still on the wishlist?
Would love to have this too.
Yeah it'd be so cool to have this. Since sometimes the packet losses and high pings only affect the link to servers outside my country.

This is especially important to know, since most of the servers people use for apps and games are still located outside of my country.

Yeah it'd be so cool to have this. Since sometimes the packet losses and high pings only affect the link to servers outside my country.

This is especially important to know, since most of the servers people use for apps and games are still located outside of my country.
Hello,

It's not a nice polished script like Jack Yaz produces them (e.g. the documentation is probably awful).
But, if you are familiar with Linux and scripts, and you take my shell script file at
update it as you like it, and replace the one from Jack (typically in /jffs/scripts; make sure the file has the x bit), you might get what you want.
You can also look at that to get the idea:

Regards

You could always look at Smokeping to have something towards multiple destinations.
But would be easier to have it all integrated in the Asus as i assume it doesnt take a lot of resources.

Hello,

It's not a nice polished script like Jack Yaz produces them (e.g. the documentation is probably awful).
But, if you are familiar with Linux and scripts, and you take my shell script file at
update it as you like it, and replace the one from Jack (typically in /jffs/scripts; make sure the file has the x bit), you might get what you want.
You can also look at that to get the idea:

Regards
Thank you . I'll check it out when I have time :)
You could always look at Smokeping to have something towards multiple destinations.
But would be easier to have it all integrated in the Asus as i assume it doesnt take a lot of resources.
Yeah it'd be nicer to have it with the graphs built into Asus WebGUI . Since sometimes the local network is all fine. Just the network going international :D

Has anyone successfully used the export to InfluxDB function, in combination with InfluxDB 2.x?

With version 2 you have to create an API token, but when I enter the token in connmon the two trailing == are dropped, hence connection to Influx fails.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!