What's new

Crash report

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MightyHandy

Occasional Visitor
Every night my Asus XD4 router crashes. I currently have a support ticket, but its taking forever to get responses. I have 3 questions:
Q1: Is there an official Asus Forum?
As best I can tell this is the only place where Asus customers congregate. There is very little traffic on reddit at all. And, I can't see a forum on their web site. I can see a "republic of gaming" forum, but that's it. And, I haven't ever seen anyone from Asus company reply to a thread in SNB Forum. I know that TP-Link and Netgear have very good internal discussion forums, where the OEM responds. And, Eero is super active on Reddit. CEO and Senior Engineers comment all the time.
Q2: Is it ok to have a separate AP plugged into AiMesh?
I currently have a single SSID that my mesh is broadcasting for my entire home. But, I've learned recently that my roku's are wreaking havoc on the wifi signal. They use the same channel for wifi-direct connections to the remote control that they do to talk to Access Points. I want to host a separate access point with an old Netgear Router (acting as a switch AP), just for my old Roku devices. But, I'm worried it could break the AIMesh somehow.

I have attach my crashlog in thread if anyone knows how to debug these things. My settings at this point are pretty straight forward... 3 XD4s connected via Moca Wired Backhaul. With about 60 clients. I did a full system re-initialize last night and am running the latest official firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_43129

Attachments

• Latest Crash syslog.txt
    117.4 KB · Views: 86

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!