What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.30SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes i had logged a complaint with the seller for return.

Also i logged a case with Netgear. I might or might not get a replacement. As this product Just launched in our country.

Its hard to get it. As even netgear support said will honor the warranty for 2 years and you get the replacement.

But i have to go through the trouble of waiting for weeks if not i have option to return and wait till some good offers comes up . As the price is streaky high now.

Yes i had logged a complaint with the seller for return.

Also i logged a case with Netgear. I might or might not get a replacement. As this product Just launched in our country.

Its hard to get it. As even netgear support said will honor the warranty for 2 years and you get the replacement.

But i have to go through the trouble of waiting for weeks if not i have option to return and wait till some good offers comes up . As the price is streaky high now.

You have nothing to lose, so did you try with my fw or with stock fw:

1) enable telnet: http://191.168.1.1/debug.htm

2) telnet to your router IP

3) format overlay partition running the command from telnet:
Code:
mtd erase overlay_volume

4) hard reset

?

Voxel.

i did flashed but i didnt issue the above command.

but everything woked fine all the lan port assign ip address. But only the WAN port failed even though LED is blinking. Do you say still bad flash.

Infact the netgear support even tried to check the cross lan to see if the wan gets ip via connecting it to internet lan port. Nope . All ip and subnet all 0.0.0.0

i will try this tonight the above method. If its bad flash i wont be booting at all and wifi and lan ports wont work. But i believe its dead WAN. But the LED is blinking but always amber.

i will try this tonight the above method. If its bad flash i wont be booting at all and wifi and lan ports wont work. But i believe its dead WAN. But the LED is blinking but always amber.

I know that vladlenas had the problems with his R7800 after testing it with DD-WRT. Maybe not such, but router did not work as designed. Later (when he already replaced the router in his shop) he got information that flash was bad. Broken flash does not mean that router will be completely bricked. I do not know what is in your case.

When I do reset of my router, I also have blinking WAN. And it is amber until I do all steps in Setup wizard.

Voxel.

I just wanted to know if i do the above steps. Will i have to re do the tftp flashing of rom again. As this will wipe the entire rom partition of 128mb flash storage.

I am new guide me on what it exactly does. Is this has anything to do with WAN port.

I just wanted to know if i do the above steps. Will i have to re do the tftp flashing of rom again. As this will wipe the entire rom partition of 128mb flash storage.

You should get factory settings of the stock FW. Probably DD-WRT spoils some vars in nvram (not compatible with stock). No TFTP is needed.

Voxel.

I am not able to enable telnet with debug.htm

i flashed your firmware. Wasnt yours already telnet enabled. Am i doing wrong.

ok now its working. But it says cant open overlay

cannot open mtd device overlay_volume

twice the above line

when i give manual ip the amber turned white. I can see the ip. But it wont work if i set to auto and connect to one of wan port.

Not the color . But no ip. It has to get an ip from the table right

hi voxel is this really bad flash or specific partition is corrupted.

can this be fixed or i have to do a rma

hi voxel is this really bad flash or specific partition is corrupted.

can this be fixed or i have to do a rma

You should do RMA. Anyway, fact is that this router is not a new. So someone already had a problems, tried to install DD-WRT. If I were in your shoes I'd contact NETGEAR (RMA) or this shop to replece it immediately.

Voxel.

yes it seems dead WAN port for sure. I am still havent got a rma number yet. They working on getting higher level approval to raise RMA as it is not showing in the system.

Here is the boot log of netgear firmware. I did saw the wan disabled in kong mod earlier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g03thi4l0yuvxtn/root.docx?dl=0

yes it seems dead WAN port for sure. I am still havent got a rma number yet. They working on getting higher level approval to raise RMA as it is not showing in the system.

Here is the boot log of netgear firmware. I did saw the wan disabled in kong mod earlier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g03thi4l0yuvxtn/root.docx?dl=0
Why can't you return it to the shop/online retailer? That's normally the way to do this when a unit failes as new i.e D.O.A. In the UK we have a set period of time if hardware is faulty, to return things. Most countries protect your rights that way, it should surely be the place you bought it from, not Netgear to replace it as you only have had it a a very short time?

Yes i did both and wanted to see which gets first. Both are under investigation and escalation.

I will be returning it. No sign of rma and i dont want to travel 30+ km to surrender and wait for replacement.

I will update on the return. I already found another sale deal will take it soon after confirming the genuinity of the product.

Forgive a beginner in architecture, but what is this good for? :rolleyes:

Hello
I want to connect via ssh(putty) but see the error-"Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey) how to fix it ?

---
i did it USB stick with ext2 filesystem and untar setssh.tar in the root of stick and put this USB stick to router
I use firmware 1.0.2.30SF

Hello
I want to connect via ssh(putty) but see the error-"Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey) how to fix it ?

---
i did it USB stick with ext2 filesystem and untar setssh.tar in the root of stick and put this USB stick to router
I use firmware 1.0.2.30SF

Did you create you own authorized_keys file? this can be done with Puttygen
you need to do this and add it to the stick also.

DIR of stick should have
Autorun--folder
authorized_keys=-- file you need to create and add
and other files that were in tared

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!