What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.31SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jonathon, I think that what bodean is getting at is whether you have any settings that would disable CTF on Voxel firmware. You might try resetting to factory defaults on Voxel, and seeing what your speeds are that way.

Yes, a bit:
https://github.com/SVoxel/R7800/commit/b90a1750572fb0e9087c3ba90cb288eb4c6d5d0c

Just to have visual understanding that I test my own FW, not a stock, when I do testing. It is something personal, not real improvement :).

Voxel.
Hi Voxel,

I'm a new convert to your custom firmware and I appreciate all the time and work you put into this. Thank you.
I normally flash my routers with Kong's or BS's DD-WRT firmwares and I read wonderful reviews about your stuff and had to try it.

I have two questions...

1) I flashed your current R7800 v. 1.0.2.31SF over the stock .28 firmware and did not see the updated screen layouts. I tried a hard reset, reflashed again, and still not see any major updates to the screens like the images you have posted. Do I need to downgrade the firmware then re-flash the current update to see them?

2) When I enable HT160... it is stable for a little while and then it goes into wifi dropping / reconnect mode on the 5gHz band. Although it is not necessary for me to put it in HT160 mode, I just had to try it out. Once I unchecked the HT160 mode, solid wifi connections were back in place. Is this normal behavior or specific to certain client chipsets that causes these issues?

I thank you again for your hard work!

mr.fabe

Hi Voxel,

I dont know what went wrong. Not sure if carrying settings causing the instability

i did managed to install and run the pyload But no matter how many times i set the configuration. The username and password is always invalid. I even changed the username manually but still no hope to login

Also it says only 1.1gb space. how do i increase the size to full usb of 32gb

Was default user name is user . I changed in pyload config to my own name. But no place to change the password. I did all this after stopping the server . Still something i am missing.

I did tried changing the credentials but no luck

Your username and password didn't match. Please try again.

To reset your login data or add an user run: python pyLoadCore.py -u

i tried the above as well but no luck

Last edited:
Hi Voxel,

I'm a new convert to your custom firmware and I appreciate all the time and work you put into this. Thank you.
I normally flash my routers with Kong's or BS's DD-WRT firmwares and I read wonderful reviews about your stuff and had to try it.

I have two questions...

1) I flashed your current R7800 v. 1.0.2.31SF over the stock .28 firmware and did not see the updated screen layouts. I tried a hard reset, reflashed again, and still not see any major updates to the screens like the images you have posted. Do I need to downgrade the firmware then re-flash the current update to see them?

mr.fabe

Try to empty the cache memory in your browser

Thanks for the tip! I didn't consider the browser cache and gave it a try (Firefox / Chrome)... but no luck. I still have the stock screen being displayed.

Reflash NOT by WIFI but Cable, close your browser opend again, Reset Router, login.
If not helps try to set the IP on your PC to 192.168.1.10
Try to get in to the router by 192.168.1.1

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! I didn't consider the browser cache and gave it a try (Firefox / Chrome)... but no luck. I still have the stock screen being displayed.

What do you see in the upper right hand corner of your browser screen, where the firmware version is displayed? Is that stock, or is that the Voxel version? That's where you'll see the indication that your flash worked...at least, that's how it works for me.

18620529_1458894900839898_4787460079184265415_o.jpg

VS the Original look
ui1_main.jpg

Last edited:
Hey,

No, I do not think I did anything that would have broken CTF. I did not have QOS on, just WMM. I ran the speedtest within the router and that was the speed that I came back with from the test.

Also, could someone help me with creating the keys so I can ssh in? I will give you my firstborn :)

-J

the problem is the setup process somehow skipping the user creation and going for password.

amwj15.jpg

Hey,

No, I do not think I did anything that would have broken CTF. I did not have QOS on, just WMM. I ran the speedtest within the router and that was the speed that I came back with from the test.

Also, could someone help me with creating the keys so I can ssh in? I will give you my firstborn :)

-J
try looking at this post
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-30sf.38366/page-3#post-321652

how to create key : https://wiki.openwrt.org/oldwiki/dropbearpublickeyauthenticationhowto#generate_the_key_pair

Last edited:
And qdiscman was started after this restart:

Code:
root@nighthawk:~$ ps | grep qdiscman
11321 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/qdiscman --daemon --run-dir=/var/run/appflow --pid-file=/var/run/appflow/qdiscman.pid --redis-port=6379 --redis-stat-prefix=flowdb:flows: --ifname-up=brwan --ifname-down=br0 --nss
12000 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep qdiscman
root@nighthawk:~$

Voxel.

it seems i dont see the first line when the streamboost fails ie qos. But previously it works ie when rebooted.

this is before reboot qos broken

2hn85mv.jpg

Also you are right.it happens with my stock firmware also when updated the v4 database. it tries to start all the process and then stops it. So it wont work at all.

You mean to say the router is having your firmware but not the changed files saved. I will be posting the same once rebooted.

And the qdiscman status after router reboot

2pqsy21.jpg

Last edited:
Aftere reboot streamboost restart works as you said. But it is not happening when it was broken on its own.

15317nm.jpg

2r2nklc.jpg

It didnot end with steamboost ok message but it was working fine in GUI

What is causing the crash and what could be wrong.

What do you see in the upper right hand corner of your browser screen, where the firmware version is displayed? Is that stock, or is that the Voxel version? That's where you'll see the indication that your flash worked...at least, that's how it works for me.

Got it.. Thank you!

18620529_1458894900839898_4787460079184265415_o.jpg

VS the Original look
ui1_main.jpg

That's what I have.. being the first time user of Voxel's FW, I was aware of the functional improvements made but did not know what to expect visually. I thought it was supposed to have a screen similar to this...

voxel .31 home.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Hey,

-J

I was thinking that sometimes one turns something on and forgets about it. Also, things can be turned on from a while ago, and if you're not resetting to factory defaults after each flash, you can forget. And there can even be corruption in settings in the nvram sometimes, which is why some problems can be fixed by resetting to factory defaults.

Just a thought. That's what I'd do if I were you, reset to factory defaults and see if that helps *smile*.

Probably I have to change my readme.docx, it is for R7500 and for R7800, but R7800 started to use /opt as internal flash.
Any idea on what firmware version they did that ?

I ask this because i'm still on an old version of your firmware, if I will upgrade to a newer version that use /opt as internal flash i will probably need to make a ton of changes to my entware programs config files.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!