What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.65SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try a reset with Voxels FW loaded, reset and setup from scratch then test dslreports for BB.

After trying a lot of custom firmwares I've decided to stay on Voxel, with this I get the best speed on 160 Mhz and I've managed to install Entware and I have what i need on ssh, tmux, htop, etc, this is awesome.

uZxJqAx.png

This is WAN speed over Wifi 160 Mhz, channel 128 DFS ON - US

If someone has any idea to fine-tuning/boost this speed let me know.

Meanwhile, thank you very much @Voxel and all the team who work on this custom firmware, you did a great job!

QOS is broken on R7800. It works only on firmware v1.0.2.52. Downgrade to v1.0.2.52 if you want a working QOS otherwise keep it disabled because it doesn't works.
Thanks so much for letting me know!!!

This returns me to my original question because I started down the QOS path because it would have supposedly allowed me to see some info that I was seeking. My original question was more or less the following:

Is there a way to see the link/connection rates (like 150/300/867 Mbps) for all wireless clients connected to the R7800? I am not talking about live, traffic/transmission rates--just the negotiated wireless link/connection rate. I did not find such info in the router web admin interface, but I very well could have missed it. If it is not available through the web interface, but can be manually extracted from the command line, great, I am not averse to that route either. If so, could somebody perhaps point me to the correct log file to examine? Thanks so much for your help with this!

Hi Voxel, I have a problem that I haven't been able to fix with factory resets, etc.

My R7800 is solid on version 62 of your firmware (currently at 29 days uptime). If I upgrade to any later version, the router will - after five or six days of uptime - begin dumping all ethernet connections (including the WAN) simultaneously and randomly. This can be every few hours or ten times in five minutes but the wireless connections stay up. The system log shows nothing helpful (it's just full of DCHP assignments that coincide with the wired connection dumps). A reboot fixes it for several more days then it returns.

Is there a way that I could identify the cause and report it to you? I don't know if I'm missing anything exciting with 62 vs 65 but there might be an important security patch in the future that I don't want to skip.

Thanks for all of your work on the firmware.

Last edited:
This information will be available in my add-ons package to come.
For now:
Code:
dni_wlan stainfo
wlanconfig ath0 list
wlanconfig ath01 list
wlanconfig ath1 list
wlanconfig ath11 list
To get correct RSSI in dBm, subtract 95 from the RSSI values (last column value of dni_wlan output).

Is there a way to see the link/connection rates (like 150/300/867 Mbps) for all wireless clients connected to the R7800?
..manually extracted from the command line...
..If so, could somebody perhaps point me to the correct log file to examine?

This information will be available in my add-ons package to come.
For now:
Code:
dni_wlan stainfo
wlanconfig ath0 list
wlanconfig ath01 list
wlanconfig ath1 list
wlanconfig ath11 list
To get correct RSSI in dBm, subtract 95 from the RSSI values (last column value of dni_wlan output).

Woo-hoo, perfect--just what I needed, kamoj--thanks so much for your help with this! Happy to grab this info through a shell command line (indeed, I already did), but having it available on your debug page, too, I think would be useful to folks. Thanks again for your help with this!

QOS is broken on R7800. It works only on firmware v1.0.2.52. Downgrade to v1.0.2.52 if you want a working QOS otherwise keep it disabled because it doesn't works.
There maybe security updates between 1.0.2.52 and the latest version, so yes QoS may be broken, but its always worth checking. Id rather have no QoS than have a vulnerability that could be exploited easily if one exists. Voxels firmware though is always well written, but the R7800 is long in the tooth, and they all have a weak spot in the electrolyte capacitor on the mainboard. That capacitor is probably cheap and will go bad at some point, it could be easily replaced in manufacture for something better, but then your router may last to long and you wont buy a new one. ;)

I hope they don't EOL the R7800 though without a decent replacement. I don't consider the XR500 to be that replacement, or a draft router that wont do much of anything for a Wi-Fi 5 network that's worth the price they are asking for the Wi-Fi 6 kit at present. Also the draft versions out now may not be fully compatible silicon wise with the final draft either.

Last edited:
1. My internet speed is 560 mbs and bufferbloat is C on DSL test report with high-res bufferbloat setting but it was always not good because of not properly working Internet bandwidth limitation. Its A or A+ on DDWRT KONG
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/49444627

Just cannot say, sorry. My score is A+ always. With your high speed everything what you need is to limit your speed in QoS page. Look at this:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-22sf.37222/page-2#post-306969

2. I dont know what i am doing wrong but i always loosing password during last updates even with "newer remind me" option turn on.
Maybe cache in your browser? Sorry, all of my R7800 (now: three total) does not lose password. Last R7800, with settings set anew, I have flashed it already three times by my internal betas (checking "never remind me") and it does not ask me anymore.

Voxel.

Hi Voxel, I have a problem that I haven't been able to fix with factory resets, etc.

My R7800 is solid on version 62 of your firmware (currently at 29 days uptime). If I upgrade to any later version, the router will - after five or six days of uptime - begin dumping all ethernet connections (including the WAN) simultaneously and randomly. This can be every few hours or ten times in five minutes but the wireless connections stay up. The system log shows nothing helpful (it's just full of DCHP assignments that coincide with the wired connection dumps). A reboot fixes it for several more days then it returns.

Is there a way that I could identify the cause and report it to you? I don't know if I'm missing anything exciting with 62 vs 65 but there might be an important security patch in the future that I don't want to skip.

Thanks for all of your work on the firmware.

Does anybody else have such problem? I had to reboot my R7800 (beta versions). But as far as I remember last uptime was 17 days or so...

Voxel.

Does anybody else have such problem? I had to reboot my R7800 (beta versions). But as far as I remember last uptime was 17 days or so...

Voxel.
I have a similar problem. Yesterday I had to restart the router because the ISP’s Internet connection was gone.

So please more details: is it 1.0.2.65.2SF? What was previous score?

Voxel.
Using 1.0.2.65SF. Not aware of 1.0.2.65.2SF.

Previous scores with 1.0.2.64SF were similar.

I pay for a 250/250 EPON fiber plan.

I've observed that the DSL Speedtest scores are sensitive to the time of day when run and the browser. In my case, chrome works better than Edge. Running Win 10 Pro with a 1Gbps ethernet connection going through two switches to the 7800.

Last edited:
Uptime is almost 4 days:
Code:
 17:30:55 up 3 days, 22:34, load average: 4.04, 4.03, 4.04

Waiting.

Voxel.

Uptime is almost 6 days:

Code:
 14:21:29 up 5 days, 22:24, load average: 4.00, 4.01, 4.04

I am sorry, but I want to flash to this idle R7800 router my last 66SF and perform some additional testing for the next release. So I'll wait until tomorrow.

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!