What's new

Daylight Savings settings not working since 386.1_2 upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lianthar

Occasional Visitor
I am having parental control issues since upgrading to 386.1_2 but I can see the cause - just don't know how to fix.

I live in Australia so I have Daylight Savings start/finish dates set accordingly. This allowed the system time to be set automatically to the correct time. Since upgrading to 386.1_2 the System time seems to ignore my Daylight Savings config and the time is out by one hour. I have tried changing the Daylight savings dates - Applying - then setting them back but the System time just seems to ignore them.

Has anyone else had this issue or is there a fix?

I am having parental control issues since upgrading to 386.1_2 but I can see the cause - just don't know how to fix.

I live in Australia so I have Daylight Savings start/finish dates set accordingly. This allowed the system time to be set automatically to the correct time. Since upgrading to 386.1_2 the System time seems to ignore my Daylight Savings config and the time is out by one hour. I have tried changing the Daylight savings dates - Applying - then setting them back but the System time just seems to ignore them.

Has anyone else had this issue or is there a fix?
It is a bug in the TZ file for Australia. Here is the temporary workaround, post #9.
Quite a few posts and threads about this issue.

It is a bug in the TZ file for Australia. Here is the temporary workaround, post #9.
Quite a few posts and threads about this issue.

Thanks Butterfly - hadn't seen that. Will check out the workaround. Cheers.