What's new

DCHP renew warning

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DanNuke86

Regular Contributor
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help with this or point me in the right direction;

I have a Virgin media hub 3 and it's set up in modem mode. I keep getting T3 timeouts and having looked through the logs on Modmon (from the modem logs), the T3 timeout always seems to be off the back of a DCHP renew warning.

Is there anyway to amend my router setup to stop these happening or is it an issue with the hub 3 and the poor PUMA chipsets?

Thanks

Those messages are fairly normal and usually do not indicate a problem. Can you post the complete modem log so that we can see them in context?

Last edited:
Those messages are fairly normal and usually do not indicate a problem. Can you post the complete modem log so that we can see them in context?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 17.37.56.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 17.37.56.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 148
The frequency of those messages (once every few days) is normal and nothing to be concerned about. If they were happening all the time that would be another matter.

The only thing of note are the "partial service" messages which indicate that there was a service interruption on the 17th February.

I've had engineers visit though who said the odd one isn't an issue, frequent ones indicated a problem though. My understanding of the T3 timeouts is that they are a partial loss of service. Is this not the case?

I've had engineers visit though who said the odd one isn't an issue, frequent ones indicated a problem though.
I believe that's what I just said (if you're still talking about T3). If you're talking about the "partial service" messages then the same applies. VM frequently perform routine maintenance on the network which may interrupt your service.

My understanding of the T3 timeouts is that they are a partial loss of service. Is this not the case?
They happen under normal circumstances and only last a few seconds at most. Whereas the partial service messages usually indicate a prolonged outage and/or reduced speeds.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!