What's new

Defective Unit?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jbctech

New Around Here
My Asus RT-AC66U just came in today and upon starting it I couldn't connect to the 2.4GHz SSID - doesn't exist. I noticed that the light isn't lighting up on the unit either, however the 5GHz light is. I have both configured with Enable Radio set to Yes on both bands. I tried the stock firmware (260 I think), then updated to 354 and 354.29 Merlin. Even reset to factory more than once.

The strange part is that it shows it's all enabled and things are great in the UI. However, when going to Guest Network or Site Survey under Merlin it shows the radios are disabled:

Site Survey
-----------
Wireless - Visible Networks

2.4 GHz radio is disabled - cannot scan that band! 5 GHz radio is disabled - cannot scan that band!

Guest Network
--------------
2.4GHz* Turn Wi-Fi on to operate the Guest Network. GO

Again, clicking GO takes me to the 2.4 GHz Professional set-up where Yes for Enable Radio is already selected.

Is there some BusyBox command I can run to see the radio status or toggle the states?

Have you tried to clear the nvram and set it up again ?

My Asus RT-AC66U just came in today and upon starting it I couldn't connect to the 2.4GHz SSID - doesn't exist. I noticed that the light isn't lighting up on the unit either, however the 5GHz light is. I have both configured with Enable Radio set to Yes on both bands. I tried the stock firmware (260 I think), then updated to 354 and 354.29 Merlin. Even reset to factory more than once.

The strange part is that it shows it's all enabled and things are great in the UI. However, when going to Guest Network or Site Survey under Merlin it shows the radios are disabled:

Site Survey
-----------
Wireless - Visible Networks

2.4 GHz radio is disabled - cannot scan that band! 5 GHz radio is disabled - cannot scan that band!

Guest Network
--------------
2.4GHz* Turn Wi-Fi on to operate the Guest Network. GO

Again, clicking GO takes me to the 2.4 GHz Professional set-up where Yes for Enable Radio is already selected.

Is there some BusyBox command I can run to see the radio status or toggle the states?

Unfortunately I have. Was able to call ASUS today and they recommended I exchange it. Bummer.

Turn Wi-Fi on to operate the Guest Network. GO

May be little late for you but could be helpful to somebody else. I had the same issue with Asus RT-AC87U. Solution is hard to find out but quite simple: there is HW switch on the router for enable/disable Wi-Fi :).

May be little late for you but could be helpful to somebody else. I had the same issue with Asus RT-AC87U. Solution is hard to find out but quite simple: there is HW switch on the router for enable/disable Wi-Fi :).

Mat, I only registered in this forum to tell you just one thing.
YOU DA REAL MVP!!!!!!
People like you, who only register to post the solution for someone else, even if you solved it already is the reason I still believe there is still good on the internet.
Thank you, you saved a lot of pain

If you don't read the manual....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!