What's new

Disable Separate IP Addressing For Guest Wi-Fi Using Merlin 386.11

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dsneed

New Around Here
I have an Asus RT-AC86U with Merlin 386.11. I noticed that each guest Wi-Fi network has its own DHCP subnet. How I can disable it, so they continue to get IP addresses from my main DHCP pool?

I have an Asus RT-AC86U with Merlin 386.11. I noticed that each guest Wi-Fi network has its own DHCP subnet. How I can disable it, so they continue to get IP addresses from my main DHCP pool?
Use GW 2 and 3

Only the first (leftmost) guest network on each band has it's own subnet. The other two networks on each band don't.

If you are using YazFi uninstall it. YazFi sets it's own IP address ranges for Guest Network clients. If not using YazFi do what the others have suggested. Move to using Guest Network 2 or 3 rather than 1. Asus treats Guest Network #1 differently (apparently for AiMesh).

I moved my guest Wi-Fi to 2&3 and all is well again. Thank you all!

Bear in mind if you ever use Aimesh, only GW1 propagates to the other nodes, and keeps the "access intranet disabled" functionality. That's the reason for them implementing those subnets and the associated VLANs, so it can span multiple devices.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!