What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does not look like a fresh install of pixelserv-tls to me. There has been no beta version available for a long time.

Somehow this happened and that's really annoying!

"opkg package manager consider V35.HZ12.Kk is newer than 2.0.1

Probably opkg considers these are different packages. Thу dirty solution is -

1. open /opt/lib/opkg/status file on the router with the text editor and delete "section" with pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Kk-1
  2. install with opkg install pixelserv-tls command"
So I ended up with 2 versions and ...
Still working on...
pixelserv-tls v2.0.1-1 clean install!

Does not look like a fresh install of pixelserv-tls to me. There has been no beta version available for a long time.

See here:
yyyyyyyy@RT-AC66U-AF68:/tmp/home/root# opkg list pixelserv-tls*
pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Kk-1
pixelserv-tls - 2.0.1-1 - pixelserv-tls is a tiny bespoke webserver for adblock
with HTTP/1.1 and HTTPS support
yyyyyyyy@RT-AC66U-AF68:/tmp/home/root# opkg remove pixelserv-tls
No packages removed.

Even after this solved when I try to use it as before the whitelist.tmp grows till all space is occupied and that's it! Something was way better implemented in 4.1.3!!!
both whitelist/blacklist checked, sorted with Diversion before updating process...

Managed to work this way
1. moved whitelist to another location!
2. updated block lists without whitelist (empty file!)
3. moved back whitelist
4. process whitelist
5. worked as expected, tmp file less that original blocklist file
Worked as expected!
Now, how to block normal update if possible?

whitelist.tmp max 180kb!!!
blocklist.temp max 27,707kb

So, what's different this time? Definitely something wrong with normal procedure, when whitelist.tmp grows fast and over 1,7Gb!!!
Same whitelist used!!! Nothing wrong with my whitelist, isn't it?

See for yourself if you do not believe me!
This time worked but manual part included, so what goes wrong with normal procedure? Why whitelist.tmp grows fast and final record show an entire USB filled by this file! That's the question...

Here are the values recorded during this way of updating...

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 323
Hi all....quick question that I'm sure has been answered somewhere in the annals of the forum....but what cost/benefits are there to using the more robust blacklists in Diversion? Right now I'm on standard, but was wondering what the far more educated think and what do they use......thanks!

Hi all....quick question that I'm sure has been answered somewhere in the annals of the forum....but what cost/benefits are there to using the more robust blacklists in Diversion? Right now I'm on standard, but was wondering what the far more educated think and what do they use......thanks!

From my point of view, less ads means faster connection! So I usually rely on blocking as many as possible ads...

See for yourself if you do not believe me!
This time worked but manual part included, so what goes wrong with normal procedure? Why whitelist.tmp grows fast and final record show an entire USB filled by this file! That's the question...
I see where it can go wrong while the blocking file updates automatically or with b, 4.
It uses a differing procedure for when processing the whitelist in el and updating the blocking file in b.
This is intentional but should have the same outcome.

I'll push an update after some testing.
I'd still be interested what whitelist you are referring to in your posts, PM me the link if you want to keep it private so I can run my tests against it.

Diversion 4.1.6 is now available

What's new in Diversion 4.1.6
- Fixes a bug where the temporary whitelist could grow exponentially with a lager whitelist during the blocking list update. Thanks @Mircica for reporting.
- Removes obsolete entware-backports.tk reference in /opt/etc/opkg.conf on mips routers if set in ep, 6. The mirror maurerr.github.io remains online.

How to update
Use u to update to this latest version.

Somehow this happened and that's really annoying!

"opkg package manager consider V35.HZ12.Kk is newer than 2.0.1

Probably opkg considers these are different packages. Thу dirty solution is -

1. open /opt/lib/opkg/status file on the router with the text editor and delete "section" with pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Kk-1
  2. install with opkg install pixelserv-tls command"
So I ended up with 2 versions and ...
Still working on...
pixelserv-tls v2.0.1-1 clean install!
I'm a 100% sure you did reinstall Diversion, but opted to leave Entware installed. Hence the old pixelserv-tls V35.HZ12.Kk ant the obsolete beta 2.2.1 still present.

I use the current ‘medium’ list. Seems to give the desired result.
I tried the ‘large’ list for a while, may be my imagination, but seemed to slow things down a bit? YMMV?
I haven’t tried the standard list for some months, but when last I did, seemed I had to blacklist a few things.....
NB; not educated ;-)

I tried the ‘large’ list for a while, may be my imagination, but seemed to slow things down a bit? YMMV?
I haven’t tried the standard list for some months, but when last I did, seemed I had to blacklist a few things.....
NB; not educated ;-)
No slow down with "large+" blocking list here. So far I have it testing for the third week on my AX88U, it's possible when you tried large hosts it is still using the old hosts file which was replaced with "hosts.oisd.nl"since diversion 4.1.5. So far nobody in the family complains.

No slow down with "large+" blocking list here. So far I have it testing for the third week on my AX88U, it's possible when you tried large hosts it is still using the old hosts file which was replaced with "hosts.oisd.nl"since diversion 4.1.5. So far nobody in the family complains.

Hmm, I’m sure it was the latest one......
Re-testing will now commence!

NB; not educated ;-)
Yea I have a custom gigantic list with no issues. don't use any blacklist tho.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!