What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What is the best way to completely sinkhole a domain when using Diversion and Skynet? I want graph.instagram.com to go completely away! lol

I won't recommend blocking this URL with Diversion if you're also using Pixelserv-tls because this URL is known for bombarding Pixelserv-tls with retry attempts and it'll not only mess up with your "slu" but it'll also impact with Pixelserv-tls performance. It's best to use dnsmasq.conf.add file to directly route this URL to a null IP (0.0.0.0)

Here you'll find a handy way to how you can do it if you're not familiar with this concept:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Custom-domains-with-dnsmasq#edit-dnsmasq-config-options

I won't recommend blocking this URL with Diversion if you're also using Pixelserv-tls because this URL is known for bombarding Pixelserv-tls with retry attempts and it'll not only mess up with your "slu" but it'll also impact with Pixelserv-tls performance. It's best to use dnsmasq.conf.add file to directly route this URL to a null IP (0.0.0.0)

Here you'll find a handy way to how you can do it if you're not familiar with this concept:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Custom-domains-with-dnsmasq#edit-dnsmasq-config-options

Thanks! I added this:
Code:
address=/graph.instagram.com/0.0.0.0
address=/app-analytics.snapchat.com/0.0.0.0

and restarted dnsmasq. but when I check it, this is what I see...
Code:
admin@host:/tmp/home/root# nslookup graph.instagram.com 192.168.2.1
Server:    192.168.2.1
Address 1: 192.168.2.1 host.

Name:      graph.instagram.com
Address 1: 192.168.2.3 192.168.2.3

I expected to see 0.0.0.0 as the address returned. What did I do wrong?

Thanks! I added this:
Code:
address=/graph.instagram.com/127.0.0.1
address=/app-analytics.snapchat.com/127.0.0.1

Code:

I expected to see 127.0.0.1 as the address returned. What did I do wrong?

Yep because you've used the loopback IP (127.0.0.1) use the null IP (0.0.0.0)

Thanks! I added this:
Code:
address=/graph.instagram.com/127.0.0.1
address=/app-analytics.snapchat.com/127.0.0.1

Code:

I expected to see 127.0.0.1 as the address returned. What did I do wrong?
You also have to whitelist them in Diversion.

The Entware maintainers have released updated packages. This now brings the official release of pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 to those that were patiently waiting for it.
Use ep in amtm or Diversion to update Entware packages.
Note that for those that updated pixelserv-tls manually or through Diversion to v2.3.1 need to restart pixelserv-tls after the update, in ep, 4.
Since both amtm and Diversion see no version change when it was previously updated to v2.3.1, this step is necessary.

The Entware maintainers have released updated packages. This now brings the official release of pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 to those that were patiently waiting for it.
Use ep in amtm or Diversion to update Entware packages.
Note that for those that updated pixelserv-tls manually or through Diversion to v2.3.1 need to restart pixelserv-tls after the update, in ep, 4.
Since both amtm and Diversion see no version change when it was previously updated to v2.3.1, this step is necessary.

Well, that was good timing. I was going to update manually today to 2.3.1.

Done. Cheers.

Along with the pixelserv-tls 2.31 update, Unbound was also updated from 1.93 to 1.96. :)

I ran unbound and used 'i' to reconfigure it and it picked up the latest version. ;)

Still no luck with the logging in Scribe though (locks up the GUI in System Log). :(

Along with the pixelserv-tls 2.31 update, Unbound was also updated from 1.93 to 1.96. :)

I ran unbound and used 'i' to reconfigure it and it picked up the latest version. ;)

Still no luck with the logging in Scribe though (locks up the GUI in System Log). :(
Likely this:
Code:
ep manage   Entware packages    -> upd avail
- syslog-ng              3.23.1-1  -> 3.25.1-1
I think it was the last update of syslog-ng from 3.20 to 3.23 that tripped us up a few weeks back. :rolleyes:
Thankfully elorimer and cmkelley got a workaround quickly until that time was available to update Scribe and get it right. :oops:

Did you do the ep updates then get the errors?

I'll post and alert on this in the scribe thread. In the meantime, I'm going to wait until cmkelley responds there.

@Butterfly Bones, thanks. I had the errors after updating to 384.15 Beta 1, but before doing the ep updates.

I rebooted my router yesterday and forgot Diversion (and Entware) get uninstalled.

So I reinstalled today and indeed immediately got the new pixelserv-tls v2.3.1 from Entware.

I rebooted my router yesterday and forgot Diversion (and Entware) get uninstalled.
Entware and Diversion don't get uninstalled when rebooting.

Reactions: a5m
Not anymore. Domains only hosts lists are now supported in Diversion.
Grudgingly, market pressure can be a convincing mind changer. Just as a hammer is :mad:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!