What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unfortunately this didn't help, it is not the domain itself, I think it uses some Google services to deal with the property pictures.
The problem is b.dmlimg.com as can be seen from your dnsmasq.log
Code:
/opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist b.dmlimg.com is 192.168.50.2
Why it made the block list I do not know, so I do not know the risk involved in whitelisting it.

The problem is b.dmlimg.com as can be seen from your dnsmasq.log
Code:
/opt/share/diversion/list/blockinglist b.dmlimg.com is 192.168.50.2
Why it made the block list I do not know, so I do not know the risk involved in whitelisting it.

is there an easy way to remove it from the black list? what do you suggest? to remove it from the black list or to white list it?

Edit: White listing it seems to work, since the black list file is so huge, no search functionality in diversion to easily delete a domain, I could just edit it but I rather not.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or the ads continue to show? all of them?
Mostly on android apps that have ads...

Is it just me, or the ads continue to show? all of them?
Mostly on android apps that have ads...

Did you enable Android's Private DNS? That would cause you to completely bypass Diversion.

Just to clarify, after install and configure Diversion, I just have to simply surf the web, correct? Or do I have to make any special configuration on my terminals (mobile phones, PC, etc..)

Just to clarify, after install and configure Diversion, I just have to simply surf the web, correct? Or do I have to make any special configuration on my terminals (mobile phones, PC, etc..)
You just have to ensure the devices use the router IP as the DNS server. No other DNS servers provided by LAN DHCP Server and no DNSFilter mode besides Router (or disabled).

1.png
here it goes

I have router DNS Filter disabled... Is it correct?
It’s OK as long as all your clients on LAN use the router as DNS. DNS Filter can be enabled with Router mode to force all clients on the LAN to go through router DNS (and also Diversion). This would be in case they try to override the DNS settings or have hardcoded DNS servers (e.g, Google devices).

It’s OK as long as all your clients on LAN use the router as DNS. DNS Filter can be enabled with Router mode to force all clients on the LAN to go through router DNS (and also Diversion). This would be in case they try to override the DNS settings or have hardcoded DNS servers (e.g, Google devices).
And if i activate DNS Filter and don't add any client to list, will it force ALL clients? Or i have to manually add all clients on my network to DNS Filter list?

And if i activate DNS Filter and don't add any client to list, will it force ALL clients? Or i have to manually add all clients on my network to DNS Filter list?
All clients will default to the Global mode. If you need to make an exception for one or more clients (e.g. No Filtering, OpenDNS, etc.) then you would add a client in the client list.

Hi,

Since I've installed Diversion and Skynet, I have noticed very little negative (erroneous) impact on my website viewing, with one exception: the Montreal Gazette's website. While not totally crippled, it's getting close. I don't want to play with Whitelists and such without knowing what I'm doing. Does anyone know why this website is being negatively (I assume) impacted by Diversion or Skynet?

https://montrealgazette.com/

Anton

Hi,

Since I've installed Diversion and Skynet, I have noticed very little negative (erroneous) impact on my website viewing, with one exception: the Montreal Gazette's website. While not totally crippled, it's getting close. I don't want to play with Whitelists and such without knowing what I'm doing. Does anyone know why this website is being negatively (I assume) impacted by Diversion or Skynet?

Anton

It looks like the video's in the middle are broken with Diversion and skynet up.

When I put on my vpn then go back to the site It shows them normally.

on vpn

I would start with whitelisting in Diversion.

I whitelisted montrealgazette.com That had no effect that I can tell.

Hi,

Anton
They rely on ad revenue. o_O Not every site copes well when the ad domains are blocked.
Montreal Local News  Updates & Happenings  Montreal Gazette.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!