What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I need some help guys.

I just re-enabled Diversion last night using the Minimal+ list and am finding webpages taking a long time to fully load. Chrome shows "Connecting..." on bottom left for up to 30 seconds.
Is pixelserv enabled and running?

Reactions: a5m
Last edited:
I just wanted to promote this amazing hosts list:
dbl.oisd.nl | Internet's #1 domain blocklist
https://dbl.oisd.nl/

Information on this list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oisd_blocklist/comments/dwxgld/dbloisdnl_internets_1_domain_blocklist/

I was using 28 different lists in diversion since months, always wanting to have the ideal blockling list, but this list includes all you need.
For the very paranoid-freaks :)
Which is the Large blocking list type to choose from in Diversion: https://diversion.ch/diversion/use/blocking-file-hosts-files.html

OMG, thahahaha, you are right, never noticed this. Thanks!
I stumbled upon this list on reddit.

I'm having a weird issue with Diversion.
When I try to go to freedownloadmanager.org, it shows a certificate error (maybe because this domain is being blocked by hosts list). Until there, that's OK, I added this domain to my personal whitelist. However, diversion says that this domain isn't on any hosts file.
I searched the IP for that domain (199.101.132.243) and did a reverse lookup, just to see if it is a shared IP and it's being resolved by any other domain. I found that the domain epicmales.com once used that IP (last resolved date was 2014-11-17), and just to test tried to whitelist that domain too. Guess what, that domain wasn't also listed on none hosts file.

However, as soon as I turn off Diversion, i can access normaly to freedownloadmanager.org.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Not sure which lists you're using but hosts-file.net currently blocks it for malware.
I see. Its in the "Plus+" lists that I'm using in adition to the regular ones.

However, I've whitelisted it and it's being blocked! Maybe the whitelist rules doesn't apply to the "Plus" hosts?!

I see. Its in the "Plus+" lists that I'm using in adition to the regular ones.

However, I've whitelisted it and it's being blocked! Maybe the whitelist rules doesn't apply to the "Plus" hosts?!
It sure does, did you add the www and non-www domain. Also, the browser I currently use warns me to go to that page. And then, check Skynet, maybe that blocks it.

Is the diversion style blocklist with multiple domains per line compatible with the latest ubuntu & browsed-systemd hosts file?

I am expecting it will behave the exact same way as it does on the router... its just difficult to confirm because there is no log file to determine its effectiveness. Even setting debug mode enabled and with a standard one line per domain format I was not seeing any blocks reported

Hello, I have a problem with Large+ blocklist on RT-AC3200. From time to time my router freezes and hits 100% of CPU Usage. Any idea why?
HgLoZCm.png

Hello, I have a problem with Large+ blocklist on RT-AC3200. From time to time my router freezes and hits 100% of CPU Usage. Any idea why?
HgLoZCm.png

Can you post a Htop or Top screenshot when its hitting high cpu usage?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!