What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Quick post regarding pixelserv-tls,

Disabled it yesterday, and ads on my mobile phone were replaced with messy long URLs.

Enabled pixelserv-tls, no messy long URLs.

Just setting up email config, what is meant by SSL Flag?

Thanks
@elorimer explained it better than I ever could:
I think it is actually something a little different. I think it works like this. Whether it is encrypted or not is a function of the protocol. So Gmail's smtp server uses smtps protocol, and the exchange of information sets up TLS encryption at the 256 bit level. The configuration dialog helpfully shows you the settings for four SMTP servers. But by default curl will attempt to verify identities, so Gmail's smtp server will want to see your humble little router verified in its CA chain. Which of course, it won't. The SSL flag allows you to specify the "--insecure" command, which tells Gmail's smtp server not to do that. If you go ahead, the connection is still encrypted.

Now, as a matter of safety, your gmail account is going to have 2FA in place. (If not, stop here.) When this is the case, the Gmail server is going to want to see the connection is verified by 2FA, which of course it can't. But the server also checks to see if you have a application-specific password in place, and if that password matches, the gmail server will accept the traffic.

As an aside, I think that field allows you to specify a bunch of curl options if necessary. Haven't come across the necessity for this.

Strangely I never see any ad on the Forum. I thought that SNBForum Ad domains were whitelisted. Any idea? I have not added/modified anything in addition to the standard install.
I do sometimes see the amazon link but nothing more than that.
I'm in contact with @thiggins to get an updated list of domains.

"Most people disable it" no I disagree. Although we would need a poll to collect data ;)

I continue to use it and manually take care of things so that my phone apps like Amazon shopping etc are unaffected by pixelserv.
So do I, pixelserv-tls runs on my main router and in most cases also on the various test routers.
pixelserv-tls still is a smartly coded piece of software that continues to work very well - if used and setup correctly. There's no denying that.
I lament the total absence and lack of communication and interaction with it's coder. This situation is not tolerable for me and I will eventually have to make a decision how to deal with it.

Please excuse me, but a quick one off topic: Does anyone know why the PWR command would not be working from my SSH prompt?

View attachment 24844
The firmware you are using likely does not come with the pwr binary, see what that gives, it should return /bin/pwr:
Bash:
which pwr

The firmware you are using likely does not come with the pwr binary, see what that gives, it should return /bin/pwr:
Bash:
which pwr
Thanks. That command simply returns you to the same command prompt.

Although it may be abandoned, it's still working fine for me. (with the caveat that for certain mobile apps like Amazon Shopping; you may need to employ some manual workarounds because they don't like pixelserv-TLS for some reason - pretty much everything else is fine)

Keep in mind that although FreshJR-QoS was abandoned in June (?) of 2019, we all continued to use it without major issues until FW 384.18 came out, which is the only point that we really needed to update to the newer FlexQoS due to Adaptive QoS changes in the base Asus firmware.
I stopped using after the manual workaround for the Amazon app stopped working. I tried everything! Haven't used it since and no issues and the fam is no longer nagging at me about the Amazon app. Glad is still working for you though!

Can anyone help?

Seems like a cry of desperation :rolleyes:.
WAN Internet Connection
DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 are assigned 1.1.1.1/9.9.9.9 (though I tried setting this to blank and the RTAC68U IP)
Connect to DNS Server Automatically is No
DNS Privacy Protocol Set to DNS Over TLS

I have: Connect to DNS Server Automatically is Yes and also DNS filter "on", mode "router" under LAN|DNS Filter.

Just wanted you all to know that I am constantly coding on the full Diversion WebUI when time and mood allows. It's going to be adequate, agreeable to the eyes and feature complete. A fair amount of work went into it and this continues until it's ready for release. As always, no ETA yet.

Just wanted you all to know that I am constantly coding on the full Diversion WebUI when time and mood allows. It's going to be adequate, agreeable to the eyes and feature complete. A fair amount of work went into it and this continues until it's ready for release. As always, no ETA yet.

Great news, can't wait to use it! :)

I'm in contact with @thiggins to get an updated list of domains.
I think the problem ends up being that SNBForums.com is using all the big names in advertising: Amazon, Google, Doubleclick, etc. To whitelist all of these to the point you actually see an ad on snbforum.com is going to affect ad-blocking on most of the major web properties. As an experiment, I’ve temporarily disabled Diversion and whitelisted snbforums.com in my browser adblocker. I had given up manual whitelisting after about 6 or 7 widespread domains.

I think the problem ends up being that SNBForums.com is using all the big names in advertising: Amazon, Google, Doubleclick, etc. To whitelist all of these to the point you actually see an ad on snbforum.com is going to affect ad-blocking on most of the major web properties. As an experiment, I’ve temporarily disabled Diversion and whitelisted snbforums.com in my browser adblocker. I had given up manual whitelisting after about 6 or 7 widespread domains.
I thought you were on vacation. But then, it could be a similarily spirited hacker like you that hacked your credentials.
Thanks for the efforts anyway, whoever you are. Tim and I came to the same conclusion.

I thought you were on vacation. But then, it could be a similarily spirited hacker like you that hacked your credentials.
Thanks for the efforts anyway, whoever you are. Tim and I came to the same conclusion.
COVID-19 vacations don’t last as long as old-fashioned vacations. And American vacations are considerably shorter than European vacations, in my experience.

COVID-19 vacations don’t last as long as old-fashioned vacations. And American vacations are considerably shorter than European vacations, in my experience.
My experiences confirm your experience.

Reactions: a5m

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!