What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The files like ‘https://hosts-file.net/emd.txt’ are obsolete now I thought?
I don’t think you will ever get an update on them? Hence the reason Diversion is using an old back up file instead.

The ‘oisd’ one is current though.

(LAN DNS fields can normally be left empty).

Is the list issue why it's not working ?.. is diversion not working or being attended to anymore and I have to do something else. Shame it worked perfectly before

Is the list issue why it's not working ?.. is diversion not working or being attended to anymore and I have to do something else. Shame it worked perfectly before
hosts-file.net no longer hosts hosts files.

Hi, diversion stopped working for me after 4.1.12 update - I do not know underlying cause, but I had to disable it. as DNS was not resolving, also it is super slow to appear in AMTM menu.
What is the curl command line to downgrade please? I can't see previous version on github

Last edited:
Got 4.1.12 working again. Forced reinstall of amtm and diversion to begin.
Diversion upgrade complained that there's a clash on pixelserv port (but there is not - minor long outstanding bug in diversion where it thinks port 443 is taken while it is 4433 that is taken)- I proceeded.
Renabled pixelserv and all is working fine now. At AMTM option 1 it started showing fast again too instead of 60s lag.

Cheers everyone, Just so you know, yes I am still keeping up to date with my diversion whitelist. Sorry for slow responses to any emails/PM's/Issues, I have cancer now, so I have been dealing with that mess, however I did just push updates for the issues.

Please create issues on github if you would like something added
Send me a message on here if I dont respond in a timely manner to the issue on github.

Last edited:
@PracticalChip thanks for the update and so sorry to hear about your condition. Wishing you the best.

Hi,
Is it possible to search the dnsmasq.log file, for example, search for blocked requests from a LAN IP?

I know you can 'Follow' the dnsmasq.log but can you search it?

Thanks

Hi,
Is it possible to search the dnsmasq.log file, for example, search for blocked requests from a LAN IP?

I know you can 'Follow' the dnsmasq.log but can you search it?

Thanks
Yes, see the search menu. Will #4 do what you seek?
Code:
 i  This follows the Dnsmasq log file (tail -F)

1. Unfiltered log
 2. Unfiltered log extra highlighted
 3. Blocked domains
 4. Blocked domains, by device IP
 5. Term or IP

So I'm having a few issues with my router and I'm looking at doing a factory reset to see if that fixes things but want to keep all my logs and settings. I've set up email backups and managed to send that backup to the desired email address no issues! Problem is how do I restore these backups? The email tells me what folders to place each file into but my question is, how? Apologies if this is a dumb question or if I'm overlooking something simple

Yes, see the search menu. Will #4 do what you seek?
Code:
i  This follows the Dnsmasq log file (tail -F)

1. Unfiltered log
2. Unfiltered log extra highlighted
3. Blocked domains
4. Blocked domains, by device IP
5. Term or IP
Doesn't that option only display blocks AS they happen, not what's already happened?

Doesn't that option only display blocks AS they happen, not what's already happened?
I just tried it and it appears to be only as blocks occur.

Exactly, I'm trying to view PAST blocks?
You could do it manually in a terminal:
Code:
cat /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log | grep ???????? (what you want to search)
There are three dnsmasq files.
Code:
dnsmasq.log
dnsmasq.log1
dnsmasq.log2

I've suddenly lost my Diversion tab under Lan, and I've lost the whole addons tab also. The only things I did was to remove unbound_manager, restart, and get DoT up again. Checked multiple browsers doesn't appear to be a browser cache issue. Skynet is still there under the Firewall tab. I did recently install spdmerlin and had that working, all this disappeared after that. Looks like scripts are working.

@Centrifuge, are you really on 384.18 as your signature indicates, or have you flashed 384.19_0 release final on your RT-AC86U?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!