What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What mobile device is it? What OS is it running? Can you reset the network settings and reboot it? Do any other mobile devices work?

What settings did you use on Diversion? What other scripts/features or options are you using? What router is this? What firmware are you running it with?

Btw, this works for me on both my notebook and my phone.

What mobile device is it? What OS is it running? Can you reset the network settings and reboot it? Do any other mobile devices work?

What settings did you use on Diversion? What other scripts/features or options are you using? What router is this? What firmware are you running it with?

Btw, this works for me on both my notebook and my phone.
Iphone. Test on 2 devices.
Do not think reset of network setting will work as when I disabled Diversion on router - problem has gone.
Default settings, installed only Diversion to test how it works.
Asus RT-AC68U with Merlin 384.19

You are not being very forthcoming with the details. There are many default settings to choose from in Diversion. If you think that your devices may not have an issue and are not willing to test them for such, it will be hard to help.

I hope others can offer better help here.

In Diversion, when trying to install block list option 8 (Youtube), I get error (Youtube IP is not valid).

I thought it had to do with the fact that Unbound manager was installed so I uninstalled it and still gets same error message. Also uninstalled Skynet.

Any thought?

Hello @thelonelycoder, I came across a minor display issue in the tail_logfile function when filtering by Term or IP. The line is printed twice as a result of this grep without the -q option.
Bash:
while read line; do
  if echo "$line" | /opt/bin/grep $ginv "$filterTerm"; then
Cheers!
Belated reply, I know. Thanks that's fixed locally.

In Diversion, when trying to install block list option 8 (Youtube), I get error (Youtube IP is not valid).

I thought it had to do with the fact that Unbound manager was installed so I uninstalled it and still gets same error message. Also uninstalled Skynet.

Any thought?
While collecting an IP to direct all YouTube ads, Diversion found at least one YT domain matching the requirement but the associated IP is not valid.
Try resetting the Dnsmasq log files in d, 7 and again browse some YT videos, then try to enable YT blocking once more.

About a day or two after reboot on my RT-86u, Diversion stops blocking ads. Restarting diversion doesn't fix the issue, but rebooting the router does. This probably just started happening within the last month or so. How can I go about troubleshooting this?

About a day or two after reboot on my RT-86u, Diversion stops blocking ads. Restarting diversion doesn't fix the issue, but rebooting the router does. This probably just started happening within the last month or so. How can I go about troubleshooting this?
By looking into the Syslog.

Hi @thelonelycoder, I've never used the certificates because I simply accepted the risk message in the browser and continue.
Yesterday my wife was on instagram working and when she opened story links or others within the app, the in-app browser started showing a pop-up "Security Risk: There's a problem with site's security certificate" and then goes back to the app.
I've checked with my mobile and have same behaviour. The only workaround I've found was being really fast and select "open in Chrome" but you must be extremely fast for that workaround haha.

Same happens in Chrome if I open a link which is a google ad referred.

Should I browse my USB drive, and import that CA.crt into my PC's and mobiles to avoid that, or this is something else?

Thanks,

Hi @thelonelycoder, I've never used the certificates because I simply accepted the risk message in the browser and continue.
Yesterday my wife was on instagram working and when she opened story links or others within the app, the in-app browser started showing a pop-up "Security Risk: There's a problem with site's security certificate" and then goes back to the app.
I've checked with my mobile and have same behaviour. The only workaround I've found was being really fast and select "open in Chrome" but you must be extremely fast for that workaround haha.

Same happens in Chrome if I open a link which is a google ad referred.

Should I browse my USB drive, and import that CA.crt into my PC's and mobiles to avoid that, or this is something else?

Thanks,
That#s the reason, do as you suggest.

Do I still need to have Adblock extensions installed in my browsers when using Diversion Standard on my Asus RT-AX88U ?

Is there a direct command line for
follow dnsmasq.log for blocked domains for specific IP rather than throughth long winded route of
diversion -> f -> 4 -> 192.168.1.88

Is there a command/ script that can be used to execute this behaviour direct from the command line?

1599842127279.png

Diversion: found 1 new YouTube hosts, total is 110 (counter at 29 of 30)

Seems to be working, Im currently sitting @ 130 now....Kids arent complaining as much

RT-AX88U-E960 Diversion: updated ads counter: 37,770 total, 8,411 this week, 804 new since last count

Blocklist domains -1243568

Last edited:
Is there a direct command line for
follow dnsmasq.log for blocked domains for specific IP rather than throughth long winded route of
diversion -> f -> 4 -> 192.168.1.88

Is there a command/ script that can be used to execute this behaviour direct from the command line?

View attachment 26153
I would not call that long winded, it's just how the menu flow works. There is no other way in Diversion to see this filtered output.

Do I still need to have Adblock extensions installed in my browsers when using Diversion Standard on my Asus RT-AX88U ?
Not really. I use no other blockers and never have ever since I started coding my own network wide ad-blocker. It was my goal to be able to remove all the extensions on the various devices. My efforts back then are now called Diversion.

I would not call that long winded, it's just how the menu flow works. There is no other way in Diversion to see this filtered output.
Apologies: I did not mean ‘long winded’ in any negative way.
I was just looking if there was a direct command line way to figure out the latest blocked domains by IP address.

I was looking for some direct way... something like
Code:
tail -f /opt/var/dnsmasq.log | grep 'searchvalue'
or something similar.

Is there any unique identifier/ keyword in each individual line item of dnsmasq log that indicates that the domain has been blocked?

Last edited:
Apologies: I did not mean ‘long winded’ in any negative way.
I was just looking if there was a direct command line way to figure out the latest blocked domains by IP address.

I was looking for some direct way... something like
Code:
tail -f /opt/var/dnsmasq.log | grep 'searchvalue'
or something similar.

Is there any unique identifier/ keyword in each individual line item of dnsmasq log that indicates that the domain has been blocked?
This would give you the raw output assuming you keep the log-queries=extra enabled in ds settings.
Bash:
tail -F /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log | grep -E "192\.168\.1\.88\/.*blockinglist"
May be easier to go through the menus as designed, for user-friendliness.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!