What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,

Is there a way to, say, add 20 domains to the Whitelist at the same time. Or is adding one by one the only option?

Hi,

Is there a way to, say, add 20 domains to the Whitelist at the same time. Or is adding one by one the only option?

There is a file named "whitelist" on the USB drive that is attached to your router, under \share\diversion\list. You can add domains by editing this. After saving this file don't forget to Process Whitelist manually.

There is a file named "whitelist" on the USB drive that is attached to your router, under \share\diversion\list. You can add domains by editing this. After saving this file don't forget to Process Whitelist manually.

ahh, great. Thanks for that. Appreciated.

@elgreco29 This is the place to post queries, comments or suggestions regarding Diversion.

Diversion 4.0.7 is now available

What's new in Diversion v4.0.7
- Reworked ash history sort function
- Added option to invert filter in f as filter term
- Added bin.entware.net, pkg.entware.net and pkg.entware-backports.tk (for MIPS alternate repository) to default whitelist
- Option for MIPS based routers to use Entware backport repo maintained by @maurer. Set it in ep, 6. Manage Entware packages
- Reworked shared whitelist update procedure when Skynet is installed
- Added wording to import pixelserv-tls certificate after new install.
- Changed reboot procedure when required during install, inconsistencies and bugs fixed
- Fix with better logic that will allow to continue Diversion install in case of:
- Port 443 is in use by other process than AiCloud
- Allow to install Diversion Standard even if port 80 is listening on 0.0.0.0​
- Added check for incompatible /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add entries
- Use of /jffs/scripts/unmount to unmount Swap file, Diversion and Entware services when ejecting the USB device through the WebUI
- Added domain count for white, black and wildcard blacklist in UI
- In b, Find domain in hosts file(s) now escapes domain names for search results accuracy
- Adjusted list of available pixelserv-tls switches (-o is deprecated)
- Reworked Edit Lists el code. White, black and wildcard-blacklisting should be 100% accurate now for primary and secondary blocking list (if sf and Alternate blocking list is enabled)
- Fixes bug where multiple IPv6 duplicates are added to the blacklist. If you see IPv6 duplicates in the blacklist, run el, edit the blacklist and select 4. Sort and verify blacklist

How to update to Diversion v4.0.7
To update to this latest version use d and select Update.
Beta testers copy and paste the complete install command from the Diversion website.

Puk7Fqd.png

Last edited:
Hello thelonelycoder, I was coming from your Diversion v4.0.7 Beta, then as you said I updated to the final Diversion v4.0.7 by using the install command on your website.

Looks like everything went through well, however when I tried to compile a Stats list using the communication function, I got this error as seen in the photo.

Great Work and Thanks for all your time and efforts..

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 335
Is there a possibility to change the pixlserv port. I need port 443 for the open vpn service.
Pixelserv-tls will listen on a different, dedicated IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.2). There should be no conflict.

Hello thelonelycoder, I was coming from your Diversion v4.0.7 Beta, then as you said I updated to the final Diversion v4.0.7 by using the install command on your website.

Looks like everything went through well, however when I tried to compile a Stats list using the communication function, I got this error as seen in the photo.

Great Work and Thanks for all your time and efforts..
Uploaded a fix for the "can't remove '/tmp/div-ash_history'.
Use 33 to re-download the diversion file.

with both diversion and skynet installed, i made the rookie mistake of trying to whitelist in skynet. once i realize i need to do it in diversion - it all worked out well (i updated both apps to their latest versions without incident). one idea did occur to me in case it has appeal to more regulars here. i was thinking that many who bother to whitelist could have similar entries in common, so if enough of us are whitelisting the same stuff, then perhaps these urls should not be blacklisted in the first place OR they can become part of the default whitelist (beyond the entries already added for the sake of this forum). if this idea has any universal appeal, then perhaps some mechanism can be made so we can pool our whitelist entries for potential inclusion for the sake of the rest of the diversion installation base... anyway, it's just a thought :D

with both diversion and skynet installed, i made the rookie mistake of trying to whitelist in skynet. once i realize i need to do it in diversion - it all worked out well (i updated both apps to their latest versions without incident). one idea did occur to me in case it has appeal to more regulars here. i was thinking that many who bother to whitelist could have similar entries in common, so if enough of us are whitelisting the same stuff, then perhaps these urls should not be blacklisted in the first place OR they can become part of the default whitelist (beyond the entries already added for the sake of this forum). if this idea has any universal appeal, then perhaps some mechanism can be made so we can pool our whitelist entries for potential inclusion for the sake of the rest of the diversion installation base... anyway, it's just a thought :D

That's not going to work since what's acceptable to whitelist for one user might be unacceptable for another user so it'll be a total hassle to get consensus.

Hi, version 4.0.7 just replace my post-mount script. Result file is:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
        #swapon /tmp/mnt/entware/myswap.swp # Swap file created by amtm

. /jffs/scripts/post-mount.div # Added by Diversion
I tested it several times, after restoring my own post-mount (with size 1 879 b) and applying the "force update" the result file stable changed to version as above ...
And I have a question
Is it possible to have an option - do not touch /jffs/scripts during update, at least - non *.div files ?

Hi, version 4.0.7 just replace my post-mount script. Result file is:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
        #swapon /tmp/mnt/entware/myswap.swp # Swap file created by amtm

. /jffs/scripts/post-mount.div # Added by Diversion
I tested it several times, after restoring my own post-mount (with size 1 879 b) and applying the "force update" the result file stable changed to version as above ...
And I have a question
Is it possible to have an option - do not touch /jffs/scripts during update, at least - non *.div files ?
/jffs/scripts/post-mount.div is essential to a seamless integration and proper working of Entware and Diversion. This is how I do it and it works 100% reliable if no old Entware stuff is in that file (or any other files other than the Diversion modified ones). Looks like your swap file is disabled for some reason, remove the leading # and it'll be enabled whenever the device is mounted.
The old Entware post-mount entries do not work with Diversion.

Diversion will remove and add its own entries whenever you update or reinstall anyway.

is there anyone have a tutorial video how to install diversion on asus router? I can't search it anywhere. When i search on google It only show hitman game. I don't know how to install cause i don't know anything about coding. I try to download notepad ++ and paste the install link but nothing happen, it just saves the link as a text file. Please help me. Thanks you.

is there anyone have a tutorial video how to install diversion on asus router? I can't search it anywhere. When i search on google It only show hitman game. I don't know how to install cause i don't know anything about coding. I try to download notepad ++ and paste the install link but nothing happen, it just saves the link as a text file. Please help me. Thanks you.
Welcome to our forum.

No video turorial. You don’t need it. Install the brilliant AMTM from:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-snbforum-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/

Once installed, then open it and install Diversion from its menu.

The first time you open AMTM you’ll need the full command:

/jffs/scripts/amtm

thereafter just type amtm.

Welcome to our forum.

No video turorial. You don’t need it. Install the brilliant AMTM from:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-snbforum-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/

Once installed, then open it and install Diversion from its menu.

The first time you open AMTM you’ll need the full command:

/jffs/scripts/amtm

thereafter just type amtm.
I think the "gotcha" here is that AMTM also requires to be installed via a one-liner, much like Diversion - i.e. same problem

Firstly, make sure you have enabled SSH access for your LAN on Administration, System of the Router's WebUI

upload_2019-1-29_10-45-5.png

If using Windows, you can download something like PuTTY from here: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

Once installed, launch PuTTY from the Start Menu (or wherever you installed it to)

Enter your router's IP address into the hostname box, and hit Open

upload_2019-1-29_10-41-14.png

Click Yes if prompted about saving the host key
upload_2019-1-29_10-42-24.png
Enter the same username and password as you use to log in to the WebUI (e.g. admin / password)
You will then be logged in to your router:
upload_2019-1-29_10-43-45.png

Copy/paste the installation command, press Enter, and enjoy!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!