What's new

Diversion - Whitelist exemptions for google

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xuv224

New Around Here
I have added a few entries to the white list to allow google search results through. I added these:
adservice.google.com
adservices.google.com
analytics.google.com
googleadservices.com

However, google results are still being blocked.
It was suggested to simply add the main domain, google.com and the software will automatically find all related entries. When I try that, Diversion displayed some 200+ links to be added. Many of those appear fishy. It should not be necessary to allow all those entries just to be able to see Google results.

Does anyone know what the correct whitelist entry (or entries) are?

Thanks,
Marco

I have added a few entries to the white list to allow google search results through. I added these:
adservice.google.com
adservices.google.com
analytics.google.com
googleadservices.com

However, google results are still being blocked.
It was suggested to simply add the main domain, google.com and the software will automatically find all related entries. When I try that, Diversion displayed some 200+ links to be added. Many of those appear fishy. It should not be necessary to allow all those entries just to be able to see Google results.

Does anyone know what the correct whitelist entry (or entries) are?

Thanks,
Marco
Open diversion to follow log(f), filtered by block domain(3), then try a google search to see what's being blocked. Use the blocked entries to whitelist.

Reactions: a5m
Thank you. The log showed that "googleadservices.com" was being blocked, which I had already previously whitelisted. But the message said that the request was denied by the "blocking list". So I went to the main menu and selected "b" for blocking list and then option 4 to update that list. After that completed, all issues were resolved.

Thank you. The log showed that "googleadservices.com" was being blocked, which I had already previously whitelisted. But the message said that the request was denied by the "blocking list". So I went to the main menu and selected "b" for blocking list and then option 4 to update that list. After that completed, all issues were resolved.
The first time you added googleadservices.com to the whitelist you might have missed to process the whitelist. What was added to whitelist will not take effect until you process. Steps to add a domain to whitelist.
a. el edit list
b. 1 edit whitelist
c. 1 add domain
d. 3 process whitelist

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!