What's new

Diversion Diversion Youtube adblocker is not not blocking ads.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The YouTube customer and consumer satisfaction number is listed if you can find it.
"Thank you for calling the YouTube helpline. All our agents are busy right now. Expect a estimated wait time of onehundredandtwentytwo days, five hours and ten minutes. Your call may be monitored for monetization and exploitation purposes. Please don't hang up and hold while we present some customized offers from our affiliates."

I've successfully installed Diversion and it is blocking adverts. I have a Chrome instance running with 30+ tabs playing YouTube videos. Diversion has created a list of '161 YT'. I'm happy to let that run all day and night (I am currently performing a 1TB+ cloud backup, so my PC is currently on 24/7).

Is there anyway of sharing/consolidating our YouTube lists?

I don't think it makes sense to share the lists. Not how I am remembering seeing how the script creates them (specific for each network).

I've successfully installed Diversion and it is blocking adverts. I have a Chrome instance running with 30+ tabs playing YouTube videos. Diversion has created a list of '161 YT'. I'm happy to let that run all day and night (I am currently performing a 1TB+ cloud backup, so my PC is currently on 24/7).

Is there anyway of sharing/consolidating our YouTube lists?
can you please report back after testing? I am confused with all the comments I read if it actually works or not for YouTube. Thanks

I don't think it makes sense to share the lists. Not how I am remembering seeing how the script creates them (specific for each network).

Diversion is reporting 230 YT rules, but I'm still seeing adverts. I guess it is labelled as an experimental feature and will hopefully work in the future.

Again. Use uBlock Origin in Firefox.

How about iOS YouTube app? iPad, iPhone?
Unfortunately there is no option for iOS unless you go for jailbreak. There were a few tweaks that able to do this. There is even tweak that block ads system wide. Anyway, I am out of jailbreak for some time so not sure what is going on now.

My yt_blacklist has grow to 700+ but recently found that it does not block any Youtube ads in my phone. I am wondering how the IP address is chosen in the yt_blacklist and how it gets updated over time. I try dns lookup a few of the entry and each give a different IP address. If I am not mistaken the IP address supposed to be the same and that is how the ads are getting block? Now that they return so many different IP addresses I am afraid this is not working anymore?

Code:
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-25ge7nzs.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-25glene6.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7rn76.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7rn7l.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7rn7s.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7rn7z.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7yn76.googlevideo.com
... snipped....[\CODE]

My yt_blacklist has grow to 700+ but recently found that it does not block any Youtube ads in my phone. I am wondering how the IP address is chosen in the yt_blacklist and how it gets updated over time. I try dns lookup a few of the entry and each give a different IP address. If I am not mistaken the IP address supposed to be the same and that is how the ads are getting block? Now that they return so many different IP addresses I am afraid this is not working anymore?

Code:
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-25ge7nzs.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-25glene6.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7rn76.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7rn7l.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7rn7s.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7rn7z.googlevideo.com
95.168.222.142 r1.sn-30a7yn76.googlevideo.com
... snipped....[\CODE]
Nothing wrong, the YouTube video ads blocker has its own inner workings, independent of the regular ad blocking feature in Diversion.

Hi
I'm using WireGuard manager with a VPN. Specifically, I'm using Cloudflare WARP on my router.
Diversion seems to not work when the tunnel/connection is active anymore.
How can I resolve this?

Hi
I'm using WireGuard manager with a VPN. Specifically, I'm using Cloudflare WARP on my router.
Diversion seems to not work when the tunnel/connection is active anymore.
How can I resolve this?
A quick read on their website reveals the reason: https://cloudflarewarp.com/
1.1.1.1 with WARP replaces the connection between your device and the Internet with a modern, optimized, protocol.

I do not have any challenge with yt addons to be blocked for last half a year - AC68U latest RMerlin +amtm
what I did additional to it just stopped to use google chrome and start to use SRWare Iron (64-Bit) both are based on chromium but SRWare Iron (64-Bit) do not have hard coded implemented google DNS etc.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!