What's new

DNScrypt dnscrypt installer for asuswrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Edit:
The personal sdns stamp can now again be found on NextDNS setup page under setup guides (linux or router)

Did some testing here with my NextDNS SDNS Stamp (took me a while to find it in a old backup)
https://dnscrypt.info/stamps/
Change in top left corner
Protocol:
DNS over HTTP/2
Unmark: No logs & No Filters

IP Address:

Host name (vhost+SNI) and optional port number:
dns.nextdns.io

Hashes (comma-separated):
Leave it emty

Path:
Paste endpoint ID like this example /exxxxx (with the /)

and copy the stamp sdns adress
Works for me ;)
Hope this can help until they fix it @jim trudel
Link DNSCrypt Installer(asuswrt-merlin) setup for NextDNS (DoH).

Last edited:
Did some testing here with my NextDNS SDNS Stamp (took me a while to find it in a old backup)
Protocol:
DNS over HTTP/2

IP Address:

dns.nextdns.io

Leave it emty

Path:

Works for me ;)
Link to NextDNS how to.

thanks, I followed your tuto, I edited the ''.toml config file'' and if I understand, if I need to use sdns stamp, I need to go at the of the config file instead of ''name servers'' at the beginning right?

So I have that :
# [static.'myserver']
# stamp = 'sdns:AQcAAAAAAAAAAAAQMi5kbnNjcnlwdC1jZXJ0Lg'

JUst need to edit with your infos? + to start the service, Do i need to remove the # ?
and is it possible to use that + my others in ''name servers ? ie:
server_names = [ 'quad9-dnscrypt-ip4-filter-pri']

thanks

Last edited:
thanks, I followed your tuto, I edited the ''.toml config file'' and if I understand, if I need to use sdns stamp, I need to go at the of the config file instead of ''name servers'' at the beginning right?

So I have that :
# [static.'myserver']
# stamp = 'sdns:AQcAAAAAAAAAAAAQMi5kbnNjcnlwdC1jZXJ0Lg'

JUst need to edit with your infos? + to start the service, Do i need to remove the # ?
and is it possible to use that + my others in ''name servers ? ie:
server_names = [ 'quad9-dnscrypt-ip4-filter-pri']

thanks
You need to edit dnscrypt-proxy.toml
server_names = ['mynextdns']
and at the bottom the # must be removed
[static.'mynextdns']
stamp = 'sdns:your personal stamp'
And restart the proxy should work

Last edited:
Protocol:
DNS over HTTP/2

IP Address:

dns.nextdns.io

Leave it emty

Path:

Works for me ;)
Link to NextDNS how to.

@Zastoff
Note you must append your nextdns account number if you want to use your next and account
/Yourprefix For endpoint
Then IP address should be whatever dns1 ipv4 address is associated with your account.

@Zastoff
Note you must append your nextdns account number if you want to use your next and account
/Yourprefix For endpoint
Then IP address should be whatever dns1 ipv4 address is associated with your account.

I followed what @Zastoff wrote and it seems ok on my setup.
I did via the toml file.

I used the the IP he gave (45.90.28.0) but mine is 45.90.28.2xx) and the dns.nextdns.io host name

And when I go to my nextdns website page, I get the : "all good ....... with gree led"

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

I followed what @Zastoff wrote and it seems ok on my setup.
I did via the toml file.

I used the the IP he gave (45.90.28.0) but mine is 45.90.28.2xx) and the dns.nextdns.io host name

And when I go to my nextdns website page, I get the : "all good ....... with gree led"

It is correct ;)
The other ip is for regular ipv4(45.90.28.2xx)
and
Path:
Is the prefix for your personal account

the only problem I have, with any nextdns configuration I have, I tried stubby, unbound, dnscrypt.... yahoo mail does not work, impossible to open the page

the only problem I have, with any nextdns configuration I have, I tried stubby, unbound, dnscrypt.... yahoo mail does not work, impossible to open the page
Do you have any type of children filtering on? Because a lot of them block yahoo because it can be used to avoid safe searches and what not. If you do, try access yahoo with the children filtering turned off.

If that doesn't work you will need to ask for more advice from nextdns as it has to do with their filtering services.

Do you have any type of children filtering on? Because a lot of them block yahoo because it can be used to avoid safe searches and what not. If you do, try access yahoo with the children filtering turned off.

If that doesn't work you will need to ask for more advice from nextdns as it has to do with their filtering services.
I dont have children filtering and I spoke with Oliver, but after a few tries, still does not work.

Try disabling these filters if they are turned on
Screenshot_20200503-131633513_1.jpg

Screenshot_20200503-131416534_1.jpg

You need to edit dnscrypt-proxy.toml
server_names = ['mynextdns']
and at the bottom the # must be removed
[static.'mynextdns']
stamp = 'sdns:your personal stamp'
And restart the proxy should work

I just saw that cloudflare have their new filter dns, 1.1.1.2 and .1.1.1.3.
but on ''https://dnscrypt.info/public-servers/'' the protocol supported by them is DOT..... in dnscrypt toml confi, Can I just put '' 'cloudflare-family' or 'cloudflare-security' to use it or I need to to use the stamp tool?

cause when I add ''cloudflare-security' in '' server_names'' I lose wifi

thanks

Last edited:
I just saw that cloudflare have their new filter dns, 1.1.1.2 and .1.1.1.3.
but on ''https://dnscrypt.info/public-servers/'' the protocol supported by them is DOT..... in dnscrypt toml confi, Can I just put '' 'cloudflare-family' or 'cloudflare-security' to use it or I need to to use the stamp tool?

thanks

Dnscrypt proxy2 would use them via DoH configuration.
you would use
'cloudflare-security' and 'cloudflare-security-ipv6' if you are only concerned with filtering away malware and "bad" domains.

'cloudflare-family' and 'cloudflare-family-ipv6' can be used if you are wanting to also parental control safe-search and block explicit content and gambling type of stuff.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!