What's new

DS 209 not getting IP address from DIR-300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

a_g

New Around Here
Hi All,

I am running into a strange issue with my new DS 209 box.
I was able to install the settings on the DS 209 box just fine by attaching the box directly to my laptop.
However, when I plug the network cable coming out of the DS 209 box to my D-Link's DIR-300 router, it just doesnt seem to be getting the IP address.
I have tried both the DHCP and manual IP configuration on the DS 209 box. Ofcourse, to change the settings, I had to plug the network cable from the box directly to my laptop's LAN port. But when i removed the cable and attached it to the router, then it was not able to get any IP.

The same router is able to give IP addresses to other 2 machines attached to it. I have tried with different network cables to makes sure that the cable was not faulty.

Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks in advance

Have you looked at your router logs to check for any error messages?

have you tried rebooting the ds 209 after you connect it to your router?

how do you know its not getting an ip? Check the router's attached device list to see if its getting anything assigned to it.

Could it be network(MAC address) filter preventing it? The LAN ports on the DIR-300 don't appear to be auto crossover and neither does the DS 209, take a look at your patch cable to be sure it isn't a crossover(if it were, the laptop or the other 2 pc's could be working because they support auto crossover)

Last edited:
Have you looked at your router logs to check for any error messages?

have you tried rebooting the ds 209 after you connect it to your router?

how do you know its not getting an ip? Check the router's attached device list to see if its getting anything assigned to it.

The device is not showing up in the client list of the wireless router. I checked it via the admin console of the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!