What's new

Beta [DSL-AC68U] Asuswrt-Merlin 386.x Alphas for DSL-AC68U are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

- Speed test Upload problem occurred in browsers.

For example,

Edge (Chromium) Upload 1mbps
Google Chrome Upload 3 mbps
Internet Explorer Upload 6 mbps
Windows Speed Test App Upload 7 mbps

I've done these tests over and over. All the same 70mbps download is okay but there is a problem with the upload.

This issue was resolved when I switched to Alpha 8. I'm using alpha 8 now.

Greetings.

@GNUton

I reset the modem to factory settings. I reinstalled and the problem is gone. I don't know what caused this. I reinstalled Windows 10 even while testing the computer :confused: Glad the problem was fixed. You don't need to do anything about it.

Thank you.

@GNUton

I reset the modem to factory settings. I reinstalled and the problem is gone. I don't know what caused this. I reinstalled Windows 10 even while testing the computer :confused: Glad the problem was fixed. You don't need to do anything about it.

Thank you.

@GNUton

the problem is back. o_O

Edge:

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Chrome:

chrome.PNG

Internet Explorer:

ie.PNG

Windows 10 Speed test app:

app.PNG

I'll go back to alpha 8.

Edge, Chrome, IE, Win App :

yni.PNG

Alpha 8 no problem. :oops:

Alpha 9; I think there is a priority assignment problem in QOS.

Note: All tests were conducted with the wired network. Wifi is also OK.

Last edited:
I am on 384.17gnuton on my dil ac 68u. for some reason the client list shows as 0 clients but there are indeed connections. Please can someone help.

I was running 384.17gnuton all my flashes were dirty and I never did a restore to defaults, the only problem with that was the NVRAM that was constantly running low.
Apart from that everything else was working flawlessly for a very long time.

10 days ago I decided to flash DSL-AC68U_386.00_0-gnuton0_alpha8_DSL_1.0.5.1 to give it a try, I dirty flashed again with no reset to defaults, and here is what I've noticed.
At the beginning there was a small lag on my commands on the GUI and a high CPU and RAM usage I realized that it was because the router was resolving some things and after a few minuets the gear icon for the QOS configuration appear at the right top, after configuring it everything seemed to go smoothly.
Afterwards I SSH and updated all of my AMTM scripts with no problem and finally I checked the NVRAM that surprisingly was cleaned by the new firmware and it was beyond my expectations 58450/65536 bytes.

Every thing seems to work fine ( Time Scheduling, QOS, Parental Controls, port forwarding, HTTPS/SSL Certificate and all my AMTM scripts)
I can't test Ai Mesh because I don't have any other Mesh devices.

Today I Flashed DSL-AC68U_386.00_0-gnuton0_alpha9_DSL_1.0.5.1 again I dirty flashed with no reset to defaults, there was no lag on my commands on the GUI and CPU and RAM usage was normal from the beginning, obviously there was nothing for the router to resolve and I think that it is a bit faster.

Now for the speeds according to Osman Elitok's observation

Firefox

1610893368376.png

Chrome

1610893102840.png

Edge

1610893557673.png

Internet explorer

1610893800455.png

I believe that there is obviously something going on with Edge sense I run the test 4 times and the outcome on the upload speed was almost the same every time.

Attachments

• 1610892744044.png
    1610892744044.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
@Zendilar

thanks for the review. There was no problem on the first day, everything was normal. I opened the guest network and set the qos bandwidth limiter 10/1 mb limit by default. When I woke up on the 2nd day, the problem was back. I wrote all the stages up.

Guest network with index=1 can't access internet if 'Access Intranet' is disabled

1. also does not work without open intranet. There is no "Sync to AiMesh Node" option in the 2nd and 3rd. It may be due to this.

1.PNG

2.-3.

2.PNG

When the "Sync to AiMesh Node" option is turned on in the guest network, the guest connected from aimesh devices other than the main modem connects without speed. "Bandwidth Limiter" does not work on devices other than the main modem. When the guest is given 10/1 mb speed, the main modem is also useful, but it connects at 50 / 7mb from the other aimesh device.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    412.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 137
I have updated the ticket about guest network 1.
This is a bug that comes from Asus and it has not been fixed in the latest GPL too (which I have not received yet).
Did you try to use guest network 2? does it work for you? if it does, please use it as temporary workaround for time being.
I will keep you posted if anything change.

Stay tuned!:D

I have updated the ticket about guest network 1.
This is a bug that comes from Asus and it has not been fixed in the latest GPL too (which I have not received yet).
Did you try to use guest network 2? does it work for you? if it does, please use it as temporary workaround for time being.
I will keep you posted if anything change.

Stay tuned!:D

yes i am using 2. no problem for now. but i can't share to aimesh devices.

;)

Attachments

• 11.PNG
    11.PNG
    337.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 22.PNG
    22.PNG
    126.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi,
@Osman, please report this issue in github so I that I can track it and you all can track the progress

As for the updates I do hope to have a new pre-release by the end of next week with latest 386 41700 GPL.
I will start to address a few bugs too if I have time.

Last edited:
Hi,
@Osman, please report this issue in github so I that I can track it and you all can track the progress

As for the updates I do hope to have a new release by the end of next week with latest 386 41700 GPL.
I will start to address a few bugs too if I have time.

ok thanks.

Howdy!
I have just released the first beta. The stable version will hopefully come as soon as some annoying glitches get ironed out.
The beta1 one is based on the newest 41700 GPL, so it has newer binaries than the alphas and it has all the code stable RT 386.1 has.
Please test it and update the bug reports.
There are some bugs in the open issues that I cannot reproduce, if you can help in testing that would be awesome.
Enjoy the new beta...

Hello GNUton, unfortunately it doesn't work. There may be an error uploading the file, please upload it again. I am getting an error like the following. I tried it 2 times.

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

Last edited:
Hi,
It works for me. I usually test the builds before tagging them and making them public.. so they should always work. :D (finger crossed :p)

What's the file that you are trying to flash onto your unit?

1612437355517.png

I'm sure it's the correct file. DSL 1.0.5.1 - 1.0.5.2 software version seems to have a bug. I guess we'll have to wait for others to test it. ;)

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    352.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    487.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG