What's new

Beta [DSL-AC68U] Asuswrt-Merlin 386.x Alphas for DSL-AC68U are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That graphic thing I reported yesterday is gone, I don't know what it could be due to, however it didn't have to do with the performance of the router. Meanwhile, we are almost 5 days of operation without restarting and without problems. Never a disconnect

By running this command:

for line in `nvram show | grep ^ [^ =] * = $ `; do var = $ {line% * =}; nvram unset $ var; done; nvram commit

NVRAM shrinks, I wanted to know if this command can do damage.
At this point it is best to create a cronjob so that the router executes the command daily

Here is the cronjob I created to have the router automatically run once a day at midnight:

cru a NVRAMService '* 0 * * * for line in `nvram show | grep ^ [^ =] * = $ `; do var = $ {line% * =}; nvram unset $ var; done; nvram commit '

It should be correct

After reboot it doesn't save the cronjob I gave it. I saw in the guides that I have to save it as a script, can someone help me?

We were doing this before. No need anymore. The device is doing it automatically. You can see this in the logs.

Like an example:

Feb 25 09:10:04 kernel: nvram: consolidating space!

We were doing this before. No need anymore. The device is doing it automatically. You can see this in the logs.

Like an example:

Feb 25 09:10:04 kernel: nvram: consolidating space!
Even with space consolidation, NVRAM increases a little bit by the day. I ran the script I indicated above and the NVRAM went from 60022 to 49754.

However using WinSCP I entered the command inside the / jffs / script / folder inside the services-start file

Export text backups of your nvram (assuming a USB disk is plugged in):

Code:
nvram show | sort > /mnt/sda1/dump.txt

Then compare the content to see what gets changed. The router shouldn't see such increase in usage over time, something must be wrong.

Export text backups of your nvram (assuming a USB disk is plugged in):

Code:
nvram show | sort > /mnt/sda1/dump.txt

Then compare the content to see what gets changed. The router shouldn't see such increase in usage over time, something must be wrong.
I'll put my NVRAM data here now after I reboot etc. The value increases by about 10 bytes per day as the days go by. I doubt there is anything wrong. I set up my 8 devices with each their own static IP address, I have 5 OpenVPN servers, installed skynet, flexqos, amtm, etc. etc. All the steps I did after doing a master reset. The exclamation point does not light up with the NVRAM full message, I just noticed that slowly aumanta !!!! It would take months to saturate. I noticed that with that scrip I have reported, it can be cleaned or optimized. So I set up a cronjob to run the command once a day.

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2021-02-25T16-32-09.085Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2021-02-25T16-32-09.085Z.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 98
10 bytes a day?

10 bytes a day?
Exactly. It's a little stuff but it happens.

However, I cannot manage to create the cronjob which is loaded on boot and then executed according to my rules.

The command is this:

for line in `nvram show | grep% [% =] * = $ `; do var = $ {line% * =}; nvram unset $ var; done; nvram commit

So I created this cronjob:

cru a NVRAMService '* 0 * * * for line in `nvram show | grep ^ [^ =] * = $ `; do var = $ {line% * =}; nvram unset $ var; done; nvram commit '

I would like the router to load this command and execute it after booting. I can't, yet I have followed all the tutorials. How can I do ?

I don't pay too much attention to these things, but I think obsessing over 10 bytes per day increase isn't warranted.

I hope others can help with your cronjob issues though.

I don't pay too much attention to these things, but I think obsessing over 10 bytes per day increase isn't warranted.

I hope others can help with your cronjob issues though.
You're right, you probably don't need it. I rebooted and NVRAM is at 57142 and is more like that. I wonder why when I use that command, the NVRAM goes to 49800, but if you don't need it, don't waste time. The router is fine

Hi there,
I have found the problem related to guest network 1 and the new beta3 will be released as soon as it gets build by the CI pipeline (approx 1 hour from now).
I did some basic tests on DSL-AC68U and DSL-AX82U and I have not found issues yet. Guest network 1 works again for me now if intranet is disabled.
More testing is required. Things that need to be tested are:
1. Guest Network with AiMesh
2. Guest Networks on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz
Thanks!

Last edited:
I would like to report an anomaly in the use of x3mRouting. I started with a master reset to be safe and installed x3mRouting. If you install option 2 of x3mRouting, then it is no longer possible to adjust or configure the OpenVPN client. Basically I have to uninstall option 2, do all the configurations and then install option 2 again. I've tried several times

I would like to report an anomaly in the use of x3mRouting. I started with a master reset to be safe and installed x3mRouting. If you install option 2 of x3mRouting, then it is no longer possible to adjust or configure the OpenVPN client. Basically I have to uninstall option 2, do all the configurations and then install option 2 again. I've tried several times
it seems like an script issue to me. please contact the author of the script, and ask what the problem could be. If according to the author of the script the problem is in the firmware please ask for more details so that we can discuss about it. Thanks

The new beta4 will be available in mins.
I will try to release a beta5 quite soon based on the upstream alpha2.
My plan is to release a stable release along with upstream 386.2.
Thank's for your job.

Yes, I contacted the author of x3mRouting and he says that he will update some scripts, even if the problem seems to be very sporadic. I had used x3mRouting to be able to use Unbound which made DNS exposed. I abandoned Unbound because it is cumbersome and I see the DNS question a bit unstable, so I also removed x3mRouting. Maybe in the future, if everything works fine, I'll put back x3mRouting which I find very interesting to provide the routing rules