1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by GNUton, Apr 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SteevieWeevie

SteevieWeevie Occasional Visitor

If it doesn't work on your ISP right now then at the very least you don't have much to lose by giving this a try.

If you mean a ground floor, first floor, second floor arrangement, then I would say you are asking a lot from a WiFi signal to be able to propagate that far and through several layers of physical and electrical interference. The 68U is a good router but it won't work miracles.

2. rs232

rs232 New Around Here

Installed and worked like a charm! Super :)

I have a dream this DSL code to be ported to tomato too. Out of curiosity would it be compatible with Kernel 2.6 or is there some driver/kernel revision dependency?

3. ninoo

ninoo New Around Here

Hello excellent firmware. Congratulations for the effort and the excellent result.
    I wanted to ask you if it is possible to insert in the firmware the possibility of using it as an access point which is present in the router version but not in the ADSL-routern version.
    Thanks for any response
    Fabio from Italy

4. Sam Sok

Sam Sok New Around Here

I upgraded yesterday and it's been running great since. Thank you GNUton for bringing these features to this device.

GNUton likes this.
  5. barnold

barnold New Around Here

Just turn off DHCP and NAT, give it a static IP with the main router as the gateway

6. Bob Jones

Bob Jones New Around Here

Hi Can someone point me to a build where I can connect my DSL-AC68U to my local access point and then connect wired PCs to the Router. Is this the repeater build? I basically want to connect my wired devices to my Wifi Access point using the DSL-AC68U if possible?

7. Grisu

Grisu Part of the Furniture

Repeater mode allows LAN and WiFi clients while bridge mode only connects wirelessly to master router and clients must be on LAN ports.
    Thats how Asus did implement it, not a general definition of repeater mode.

8. loady

loady Regular Contributor

is it possible to get this for the DSL-AC88U ? or is there another fork, i want to be able to run diversion, not sure i can do that in stock mode ?

9. Grisu

I think there will never be a chance to get it for 88U except you do it on your own, very different router.

10. loady

is it possible to run diversion in stock mode ?

11. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Not really an appropriate question for this thread. Try asking in the Diversion thread or starting a new topic in the Asus AC forum.

12. loady

heh, lets see if i have wasted another £190

13. Jack Yaz

Jack Yaz Part of the Furniture

14. loady

i misread or didnt see that one, i read there were issues with ac68u so went for the 88u

15. martymoose

martymoose New Around Here

@GNUton Great work mate, went from a fibre connection to a vdsl so had to buy a dsl version
    found one $30 120 cheaper than a s/h rt-ac68u
    Factory reset plugged in flashed trx and bam on the net no issues
    thanks mate keep up the great work

GNUton and kernol like this.
  16. loady

rightyo.....going to keep the 88u, you never know...someone might turn their hand to it, i am going to purchase a second hand ac68u, can anyone confirm for me, once you have this installed, is their a listing for talktalk uk on the dsl settings once up and running.

17. Grisu

might be better to ask uk_sentinel in his forum uktechhub.com

18. Jack Yaz

L&LD likes this.
  19. loady

i never had an ac86U, guessing thats a typo. What i am trying to do is negate the need to have two or three devices running, the wifi range on the DSL AC88U is excellent and all i need to use upstairs is a GB switch to get the LAN ports (connected via powerlines to downstairs), if merlin could be ported to it (i have been told it doesnt run asus-wrt) then that would be a great solution for me.

20. Jack Yaz

Isn't this you? https://www.snbforums.com/threads/new-rt-ac86u-starting-from-scratch.60088/