What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes my ISP provider says only his chinese modem will be compatiable (its a local isp provider.. :( ) Thanks i will give a try to this build and take the forum help if any issue i get..

One quick question, my router is in the ground floor , will my 2.4 GHz signal will be reachable in the second floor? i am getting drop only in that location. Or i am expecting too much from the router ?

If it doesn't work on your ISP right now then at the very least you don't have much to lose by giving this a try.

If you mean a ground floor, first floor, second floor arrangement, then I would say you are asking a lot from a WiFi signal to be able to propagate that far and through several layers of physical and electrical interference. The 68U is a good router but it won't work miracles.

Installed and worked like a charm! Super :)

I have a dream this DSL code to be ported to tomato too. Out of curiosity would it be compatible with Kernel 2.6 or is there some driver/kernel revision dependency?

Hello excellent firmware. Congratulations for the effort and the excellent result.
I wanted to ask you if it is possible to insert in the firmware the possibility of using it as an access point which is present in the router version but not in the ADSL-routern version.
Thanks for any response
Fabio from Italy

Hello excellent firmware. Congratulations for the effort and the excellent result.
I wanted to ask you if it is possible to insert in the firmware the possibility of using it as an access point which is present in the router version but not in the ADSL-routern version.
Thanks for any response
Fabio from Italy
Just turn off DHCP and NAT, give it a static IP with the main router as the gateway

Hi Can someone point me to a build where I can connect my DSL-AC68U to my local access point and then connect wired PCs to the Router. Is this the repeater build? I basically want to connect my wired devices to my Wifi Access point using the DSL-AC68U if possible?

Repeater mode allows LAN and WiFi clients while bridge mode only connects wirelessly to master router and clients must be on LAN ports.
Thats how Asus did implement it, not a general definition of repeater mode.

is it possible to get this for the DSL-AC88U ? or is there another fork, i want to be able to run diversion, not sure i can do that in stock mode ?

I think there will never be a chance to get it for 88U except you do it on your own, very different router.

i misread or didnt see that one, i read there were issues with ac68u so went for the 88u

@GNUton Great work mate, went from a fibre connection to a vdsl so had to buy a dsl version
found one $30 120 cheaper than a s/h rt-ac68u
Factory reset plugged in flashed trx and bam on the net no issues
thanks mate keep up the great work

rightyo.....going to keep the 88u, you never know...someone might turn their hand to it, i am going to purchase a second hand ac68u, can anyone confirm for me, once you have this installed, is their a listing for talktalk uk on the dsl settings once up and running.

i never had an ac86U, guessing thats a typo. What i am trying to do is negate the need to have two or three devices running, the wifi range on the DSL AC88U is excellent and all i need to use upstairs is a GB switch to get the LAN ports (connected via powerlines to downstairs), if merlin could be ported to it (i have been told it doesnt run asus-wrt) then that would be a great solution for me.

i never had an ac86U, guessing thats a typo. What i am trying to do is negate the need to have two or three devices running, the wifi range on the DSL AC88U is excellent and all i need to use upstairs is a GB switch to get the LAN ports (connected via powerlines to downstairs), if merlin could be ported to it (i have been told it doesnt run asus-wrt) then that would be a great solution for me.
Isn't this you? https://www.snbforums.com/threads/new-rt-ac86u-starting-from-scratch.60088/