What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

All seems to work flawlessly for the past 24 hours running DSL-AC68U_384.10_gnuton4_DSL_1.0.4.7 even after dirty flash over xantier 384.7_alph1 version that I was using until now with no problems at all.(it looks like the temperature is lower now 3 degrees than before)
Thank you GNUton.
I was wondering if there is a way to add ports on open vpn client polices so that only specific ports from the same ip go thru the vpn.

Last edited:
Hi GNUton,
The USB not working on my dsl-ac68u and my HDD not detected is there a solution for this ?
Thanks

Hi GNUton,
The USB not working on my dsl-ac68u and my HDD not detected is there a solution for this ?
Thanks
Have you tried with another device and see if it mount correctly?

Then I've tried several USB Keys but with no success
I'm not sure if that has been asked before.
Have you checked the routers syslog for relevant messages when plugging in one of the devices?

I'm not sure if that has been asked before.
Have you checked the routers syslog for relevant messages when plugging in one of the devices?
Yes there is no special thing . I 've just restored it to the factory firmware and I have the same problem, do you think that it is a hardware problem? In addition to that there is no power in the USB

Yes there is no special thing . I 've just restored it to the factory firmware and I have the same problem, do you think that it is a hardware problem? In addition to that there is no power in the USB
Seems as @kernol have install some scripts, seems to work.
I am running amtm / diversion /pixelserv-tls beta / skynet /disk check on GNUton4 firmware on my DSL-AC68U.
All installed via amtm - zero glitches ... just a reboot or two and everything settled fine.

After installing stock firmware, did you reset the router, followed by a MANUAL configuration?
That is mandatory after every major firmware change such as going from stock to third-party firmware (or vice versa) or when changing the firmware maintainer (Asuswrt-Merlin, john's fork or GNUton's).

After installing stock firmware, did you reset the router, followed by a MANUAL configuration?
That is mandatory after every major firmware change such as going from stock to third-party firmware (or vice versa) or when changing the firmware maintainer (Asuswrt-Merlin, john's fork or GNUton's).

I use this procedure and eventough the problem persists

@Bend - I had no issues at all with USB flash stick or USB HDD connection - either with the stock firmware - or with GNUton4 Merlin-Ware.

My path to GNUton4 was from a dirty flash from stock firmware GPL_DSL_AC68U_v300438421128 - which has the same underlying ASUS firmware release that Merlin used in 384.10-2 which is also the base for GNUton4.

I did however start with a fresh format of my USB flash stick [via AMTM] following my GNUton firmware and then installed all scripts as per my signature.
I can't see any reason why GNUton firmware would have caused your USB issue ... and fear your USB port may be faulty - hardware issue :(?

@Bend - I had no issues at all with USB flash stick or USB HDD connection - either with the stock firmware - or with GNUton4 Merlin-Ware.

My path to GNUton4 was from a dirty flash from stock firmware GPL_DSL_AC68U_v300438421128 - which has the same underlying ASUS firmware release that Merlin used in 384.10-2 which is also the base for GNUton4.

I did however start with a fresh format of my USB flash stick [via AMTM] following my GNUton firmware and then installed all scripts as per my signature.
I can't see any reason why GNUton firmware would have caused your USB issue ... and fear your USB port may be faulty - hardware issue :(?

Thanks for your response. I think so , USB port may be faulty. As it is under warranty I requested its replacement by the supplier.

Thanks to all.

Maybe that is the case as Kernol said your USB port may be faulty.
In normal circumstances there is no power issue with the port, in my case it is running and handling fine a USB 3 Raid Enclosure with two 2,5HDD drives that is powered compliantly from the port, witch means that it has enough power to give.

But in your case since you are under warranty reset everything to factory defaults and get a replacement.

Maybe that is the case as Kernol said your USB port may be faulty.
In normal circumstances there is no power issue with the port, in my case it is running and handling fine a USB 3 Raid Enclosure with two 2,5HDD drives that is powered compliantly from the port, witch means that it has enough power to give.

But in your case since you are under warranty reset everything to factory defaults and get a replacement.
Thanks for your reply , yes I have done this and the supplier ordred another. I wil be back to inform you aubout the newest one.

3. If people wanna have OTHER DSL DEVICES supported, far enough... I could think about that in the future. As for now, I have only a DSL-AC68U.

Let me first thank you for your support of DSL devices.

At my home in Singapore, I have 10G fibre - unlimited data. At my home in Australia, I have 50M VDSL 500GB data for the same cost !!!!

What really matters is the Merlin build on the Router, which you are making possible on DSL :D:D:D

My question is: how can we help you support the Asus DSL-AC3100 as well? The faster CPU makes a difference - especially for VPN.

If you setup a PayPal account, we can help you buy the router to develop on.

Forza GNUton!

Asus should provide you a testing unit!

Fully agree ... perhaps "someone" with Asus contact could give them a nudge.;)

EDIT: In the present DSL range - only needs to focus on 2 Asus routers - the DSL-AC68U [based on AC1900] -which he already has and the DSL-AC88U [based on AC3100] which is available on Amazon for Euro 256.39.

Last edited:
nd the DSL-AC88U [based on AC3100] which is available on Amazon for Euro 256.39.

Forget about that one, it doesn't run Asuswrt but a different firmware.

Forget about that one, it doesn't run Asuswrt but a different firmware.

Ouch :eek: ... I wrongly assumed the DSL-AC88U would have been close to the RT-AC88U which you do support [in the same way as the DSL-AC68U is close to the RT-AC68U].

Bottom line - any xDSL users who want the magic of Merlin have only one choice - the DSL-AC68U - which GNUton has already "cracked" :).