What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for the fast response. I set it up just fine without any problems. But the VPN's policy routing only have device-based setup.

Hello, my DSL speeds have increased 30% on my Australian ISP TPG with this new software. Very happy with that.

Just having some strange behavior when I select Client View List on the home page which doesn't list all clients and seems to change the number of items every few seconds.

Can anyone please clarify why there are two TRX editions available to install? I've used the edition that is the largest of the two, and has DSL listed twice in it's name.

Thanks to all !!!

Curious to know if those who have installed GNUton/Merlin on DSL-AC68U and turned on AIMesh with SSH- have managed to get the Node to show up in the interface?

Can discover/connect when first linking it and appears to work (internet from LAN on node) and appears to function just doesn’t show the Node or any connected clients.

I know its not supported but if anyone has played it would be good to know.

Thanks all

Last edited:
Hello, my DSL speeds have increased 30% on my Australian ISP TPG with this new software. Very happy with that.

Just having some strange behavior when I select Client View List on the home page which doesn't list all clients and seems to change the number of items every few seconds.

Can anyone please clarify why there are two TRX editions available to install? I've used the edition that is the largest of the two, and has DSL listed twice in it's name.

Thanks to all !!!

It's an ASUS bug - well documented in the Merlin Changelog and elsewhere in this forum and the in Asus Wifi Router's one - been there for a long time but will hopefully be fixed by Asus one year ;)!

I thought you had to use a TPG modem if you had a TPG service?

They don't support BYO modems - at least, that's what I heard.

@GNUton I may have just uncovered a glitch in the firmware - maybe not?

Has anyone using this firmware installed Diversion and enabled the weekly Stats option under Diversion Menu c 2 2 ??
I have had Diversion running for well over a month or so successfully on the DSL-AC68U - but until yesterday, had not invoked the Stats option as above.

The result was some errors which I have not encountered before on my RT-AC5300 running the normal version of MerlinWare [384-10-2].
See attached file for screen grab of the error messages displayed in the terminal after invoking Stats within Diversion.

There is a thread where the issue has been discussed so far here ...
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...diversion-statistics.56393/page-9#post-488124

Keen to hear from anyone who has no problem with the stats - that way we can clear the @GNUton firmware - and identify the problem elsewhere.

Attachments

• diversion-stats-error.JPG
    diversion-stats-error.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 271

Has anyone using this firmware installed Diversion and enabled the weekly Stats option under Diversion Menu c 2 2 ??
I have had Diversion running for well over a month or so successfully on the DSL-AC68U - but until yesterday, had not invoked the Stats option as above.

The result was some errors which I have not encountered before on my RT-AC5300 running the normal version of MerlinWare [384-10-2].
See attached file for screen grab of the error messages displayed in the terminal after invoking Stats within Diversion.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...diversion-statistics.56393/page-9#post-488124

Keen to hear from anyone who has no problem with the stats - that way we can clear the @GNUton firmware - and identify the problem elsewhere.
Hi,
I have installed diversion and enabled the stats option (menu: c 2 2 1) and it doesn't show any error for me.

I use PIHOLE so I think no need for Diversion??

I use PIHOLE so I think no need for Diversion??
You are missing the point. The question is not what ad-blocker to use but that one user has an unknown problem with my ad-blocker.
Which, by the way, runs on the very router this threads firmware is installed on. For users understanding the significance of this your comment is moot.

Can you post the stats.div.log here, you can view it with sf in Diversion.

Hi,
I have installed diversion and enabled the stats option (menu: c 2 2 1) and it doesn't show any error for me.

Many thanks - pleased to have eliminated your rock steady firmware as a possible cause of the problem :D.

Hi,
Just updated yestarday, everything is working fine except: I'm not able to store port forwarding setting. I can add but as soon as change the tab or logout the settings are gone. There is no apply or save button on port forwarding tab.

Last edited:
Hi,
Just updated yestarday, everything is working fine except: I'm not able to store port forwarding setting. I can add but as soon as change the tab or logout the settings are gone. There is no apply or save button on port forwarding tab.

That's strange because I have no less than 10 Port Forward rules saved permanently in my DSL-AC68U running GNUton 4.
To Add them - simply click "Add Profile" button at the foot of the Port Forward Page - then when all required info is entered in the Custom Configuration fields - simply click "OK" button and confirm that the rule has been added to the list.

Nothing further to do in my case - and the Port Forward rules stick!

Hi,
Mine also seems to work 100%