What's new

DSL family support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carlos M.

Regular Contributor
Hi,

Just a simple question. Could be supported the Merlin mod. with the DSL family?
I mean, RT-AC56u is supported but... same router with DSL capabilities don't appear in the list.

I want change my dsl bridged modem + router and buy the DSL-AC56U.

Thanks

There have been a few threads asking the same question that Merlin responded to, explaining why there is no support (you will have to search).

Ultimately, any Broadcom SoC modem is good enough.

My ISP now offers 50Mbit VDSL2 bonded. Good luck finding a router with good 3rd-party support (like AsusWRT-merlin) that has an integrated modem that supports VDSL bonding. I think Cisco just released one (897VAB?) but it is $1500... yay. o_O

There have been a few threads asking the same question that Merlin responded to, explaining why there is no support (you will have to search).

Ultimately, any Broadcom SoC modem is good enough.

My ISP now offers 50Mbit VDSL2 bonded. Good luck finding a router with good 3rd-party support (like AsusWRT-merlin) that has an integrated modem that supports VDSL bonding. I think Cisco just released one (897VAB?) but it is $1500... yay. o_O

Thanks Nullity, I did a search but... in the bad way, I guess. I understand that is not possible... bad luck. :(

Hi,

Go to the local Cisco distributor and ask for Cisco RV132W (ADSL2+) and RV134W (VDSL2) routers. Both have build-in DSL modem, 3 or 4 ports switches and WiFi (N or AC). From the price point - list price $150 to $300. The devices are part of the new small business portfolio of Cisco but will be ideal for you too.

Hi,

Go to the local Cisco distributor and ask for Cisco RV132W (ADSL2+) and RV134W (VDSL2) routers. Both have build-in DSL modem, 3 or 4 ports switches and WiFi (N or AC). From the price point - list price $150 to $300. The devices are part of the new small business portfolio of Cisco but will be ideal for you too.

Any that support VDSL2 bonding?

Well, not in the consumer and small business portfolio. Take a look at Cisco 890VAB.

I have. The price is too much for me. :)