What's new

Enable Wifi 6E on GT-AXE11000 with this method!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zishere

Occasional Visitor
Alright guys. I got wifi 6E working right now. Fully stable and fast. I believe the progress could be a little bit tricky since I did not expect it to work like this lol. But it works and I have pictures below. My GT-AXE11000 came today, however, like the others, I could not connect to 6ghz band as default. After thinking for 2 hours, I tried to do this.
- Enable Dual-band Smart Connect 2.4ghz + 5ghz option in Wireless => General. (you know what I mean)
- Tri-band Smart Connect does not work (current 42026 firmware)

Your wifi should be [your wifi name]_6G which is good. No need to edit it. Leave it be lol. But still, you can change to whatever you want. Must be different from the other SSID. In other words, your router needs a separate SSID for 6ghz band in Dual-band Smart Connection mode. WPA3 works great.

Now you will have 2 SSID, the main 2.4ghz + 5Ghz one combined. And the other is 6ghz band which is now fully functional. The range is kinda short because it is what it is. But the speed is incredible fast with a little lower latency, but higher jitter due to the range.
Finally, you're welcome. Wifi 6E go bruh bruh bruh. I made a review on Amazon as well. It might show up after 2-3 days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210206-195238_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-195238_Settings.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 927
  • Screenshot_20210206-195245_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-195245_Settings.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 944
  • Screenshot_20210206-200105_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-200105_Speedtest.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 941
Last edited:
The range is kinda short because it is what it is.
Is the difference that big? There's been a lot of speculation so far as to by how much the 6 GHz band range would be reduced compared to 5 GHz.

Is the difference that big? There's been a lot of speculation so far as to by how much the 6 GHz band range would be reduced compared to 5 GHz.
Yes. The range cut off by 3 times I believe. Even harder to penetrate through walls. It cannot go further than 30ft. Fastest but also shortest. Atleast the connection is really stable in range. It cannot be interfered by other devices. Thumbs up for speed. Good for a small house. 2 routers of wifi 6E could help the range issue.

Is your internet speed only 340Mbps?

What device are you using? What channel bandwidth?

What device are you using? What channel bandwidth?
And which channel? Considering how wide the 6 GHz band is, I suspect there might be a measurable difference between the lower 6 GHz channels and the higher ones (that sit at 7 GHz).

And which channel? Considering how wide the 6 GHz band is, I suspect there might be a measurable difference between the lower 6 GHz channels and the higher ones (that sit at 7 GHz).
Agreed the lower 6 GHz band should have similar propagation characteristics to the 5 GHz band, as compared to the upper channels up in the 7 GHz range.

Also, even on 5 GHz, some routers reduce their power output (dBm) when transmitting with a channel width of 160 MHz vs 80 MHz. I noticed that on 80 MHz, the ax89x produced a much stronger signal than when it was 160 MHz... on the same channel 100. I wonder if anything similar occurs with 6 GHz radios? I would assume not since radar isn’t a factor in the 6 GHz band. But still something to test.

Channel 37 currently. 80mhz I believe. With "PSC (Preferred Scanning Channel) to ensure the 6GHz devices connectivity" enabled.

Channel 37 currently. 80mhz I believe. With "PSC (Preferred Scanning Channel) to ensure the 6GHz devices connectivity" enabled.
How about 160Mhz (the Broadcom chip supports this) at channel 15 or 47? Unless the power is cut back, you should be able to get slightly larger range as well since and interference will be reduced.

How about 160Mhz (the Broadcom chip supports this) at channel 15 or 47? Unless the power is cut back, you should be able to get slightly larger range as well since and interference will be reduced.
I ordered AX210 card for testing. I will get back with a result tmr. Hopefully it will work. But with PSC turned on, only 12 stable channels available. However, I cannot turn off PSC for now. It seems Asus don't want to use all 6ghz channels because of some instability issues.

I'm with RMerlin on this one...the high end of the 5GHz. band is about 5.8GHz. 6Ghz. is not much higher than that. I'd be very surprised if the ranges were much different. Of course the range should be a little shorter on 6GHz. than 5.8GHz. *smile*, but I've got to wonder if you're seeing a different effect there than just the physics of it. After all, we're not talking about 60GHz. here, we're talking about just up to about 1 GHz. higher frequency out of 6GHz. Doesn't make sense to me that the range should be much shorter.

I'm with RMerlin on this one...the high end of the 5GHz. band is about 5.8GHz. 6Ghz. is not much higher than that. I'd be very surprised if the ranges were much different. Of course the range should be a little shorter on 6GHz. than 5.8GHz. *smile*, but I've got to wonder if you're seeing a different effect there than just the physics of it. After all, we're not talking about 60GHz. here, we're talking about just up to 1 GHz. higher frequency out of 6GHz. Doesn't make sense to me.
With the same range, you get faster wifi speed. Devices join the 6G band almost instantly. The wifi signal could be less, but the speed is twice faster than 5G at the same tested spots. Less ping/latency, but a little higher jitter. The internet speed is much faster, with 5G and 6G bands doing speedtest at the same time, 6G can maintain more stable + higher download/upload speed. The microwave next to my router (about 2ft) no longer interferes the wifi signal, only 5G affected. My house is small so don't ask me why a router is next to my microwave lol. My area has 15 wifi ssid, they sometimes reduce my upload speed and range drastically. My Echo keeps connecting to my neighbor's wifi because of Amazon sidewalk. Even my wifi is about 10ft close to me, Echo chooses the farest wifi ssid to connect and refuses to connect to my own ssid. My wifi is jammed a lot. Not only that, they have wifi 5 and 6 also in my area. The jam is much worse now since 2020. I really want the Wifi 6E to work with my desktop PC also, however, I have to use cable for now because I usually transfer files between my WD 18TB connected to the router and my PC. Until Wifi 6E is enabled on Win 10, my PC still sticks to the ethernet cable. Couldn't get AX210 to work, so I have yet tested it. Atleast the only way right now is Galaxy S21 Ultra. But based on my usage recently, the lower channels give a faster speed than higher channels (currently 37). Still, the range is bad but the wifi speed still maintains at max. The wifi speed only reduces when I'm about 60ft away. Even only with 1 sign bar, the speed is still crazy good. I can even watch 4K HDR videos with 1 bar of signal. Cool right?

I'm with RMerlin on this one...the high end of the 5GHz. band is about 5.8GHz. 6Ghz. is not much higher than that. I'd be very surprised if the ranges were much different. Of course the range should be a little shorter on 6GHz. than 5.8GHz. *smile*, but I've got to wonder if you're seeing a different effect there than just the physics of it. After all, we're not talking about 60GHz. here, we're talking about just up to about 1 GHz. higher frequency out of 6GHz. Doesn't make sense to me that the range should be much shorter.
The allowed power output level may be different however, so that could also factor in in reducing the range even if at the lower end of the 6 GHz spectrum.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!