What's new

GT-AXE11000 With 2 ET8 (nodes don't broadcast 6ghz) (Fixed with 3.0.0.4.388_23759)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnarchyPR

New Around Here
Has anyone found a solution? Main router GT-AXE11000 with 2 RT-AX92. I changed the AX92U to Zenwifi ET8 to make the whole system Tri Band "compatible" 2.4 5 and 6ghz. Using 2.5gb as backhaul, and for my surprise my Pixel 6a and Pixel 7a only see (Wifi 6e)6ghz on the main router and not the nodes. Main desktop has AX210 and it also connects to the main router. Nodes are far for my PC but i guess the results would be the same and it wont see any wifi 6e from the nodes. Please any suggestions?

Have a pair of ET8s with this same issue. 6E from the router but not the node. ASUS finally released new firmware (3.0.0.4.388_23759-gfd1c030) for the ET8 yesterday which did NOT fix this unfortunately.

I am using AP Mode with ethernet backhaul (with the toggle set in AIMesh System Settings) and at first thought this issue was fixed with the new firmware. However I am still seeing the 6G signal disappear from the node a few minutes after restarting/rebooting it. 6G continues to work fine on the router.

I did notice (on this and the prior year-old 386 firmware) that the 6G BSSID of the node in the GUI is one digit off from the ethernet interface in the node that it appears to be configured for. Ssh to the node and look at ifconfig. The MAC of my node's eth6 interface ends in B8, but in the GUI the BSSID for 6GHz on the node ends in B9. In the router the eth6 MAC and the 6GHz BSSID are identical, each ending in A8 in my case.

This may have nothing to do with anything, but the MAC and 6G BSSID match in the router and they are one digit off in the node. If it is that simple I would think ASUS could easily fix and issue an update to solve this once and for all. As many have said, everything else works so I have not returned the units - and this new firmware is a long-overdue, welcome update. But the ET8 should behave like an ET8, with 6G available everywhere. If we didn't want that we could have saved some $$ and went with the XT8. ASUS needs to fix this.

Last edited:
In my case, I downloaded gnutons firmware and had the same issue. NO wifi 6e on the nodes. I reset the nodes and re added them to aimesh it starting working but only on a Pixel 6a. on a 7a it would not work. With this firmware one of the nodes was constantly disconnecting and i had to reboot the node twice a day. Now with the official ET8 388 release installed the issues is fixed. Nodes are broadcasting wifi 6e and my devices are connecting to the nodes with no issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!