What's new

Entware deluge segmentation fault on start up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marcovanb

New Around Here
I recently got an rt-ac86u and installed merlin version 384.17 on it.

I set it up running entware and deluge as I need deluge for socks5 proxy functionality. It was working as expected. I then attempted to get openvpn running for external access and made a mess of my router settings. That was 3 weeks ago.

To clean up the router I did a factory reset and reformatted 8gb usb drive. I created a 2gb swap file using amtm on the thumb drive.

Then I installed entware via amtm and then deluge. Now deluge fails to start and I get a segmentation fault.

admin@RT-AC86U-7DB8:/tmp/home/root# /opt/etc/init.d/S80deluged start
starting deluged
Segmentation fault

When the post install script runs I get:

admin@RT-AC86U-7DB8:/tmp/home/root# /tmp/mnt/usb_drive/entware/lib/opkg/info/deluge.postinst
Setting default deluge ui to console ...
Unable to initialize gettext/locale!
'ngettext'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/i18n/util.py", line 118, in setup_translation
builtins.__dict__['_n'] = builtins.__dict__['ngettext']
KeyError: 'ngettext'
Segmentation fault

Also, the folder /opt/etc/deluge/.configured is empty

Thanks for any feedback

Last edited:
I recently got an rt-ac86u and installed merlin version 384.17 on it.

I set it up running entware and deluge as I need deluge for socks5 proxy functionality. It was working as expected. I then attempted to get openvpn running for external access and made a mess of my router settings. That was 3 weeks ago.

To clean up the router I did a factory reset and reformatted 8gb usb drive. I created a 2gb swap file using amtm on the thumb drive.

Then I installed entware via amtm and then deluge. Now deluge fails to start and I get a segmentation fault.

admin@RT-AC86U-7DB8:/tmp/home/root# /opt/etc/init.d/S80deluged start
starting deluged
Segmentation fault

When the post install script runs I get:

admin@RT-AC86U-7DB8:/tmp/home/root# /tmp/mnt/usb_drive/entware/lib/opkg/info/deluge.postinst
Setting default deluge ui to console ...
Unable to initialize gettext/locale!
'ngettext'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/lib/python3.8/site-packages/deluge/i18n/util.py", line 118, in setup_translation
builtins.__dict__['_n'] = builtins.__dict__['ngettext']
KeyError: 'ngettext'
Segmentation fault

Also, the folder /opt/etc/deluge/.configured is empty

Thanks for any feedback
+1

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!