What's new

Equivalent of dnsmasq.conf.add for QOS entries?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dev_null

Is there a method to offload from NVRAM the QOS entries, similar to that used with dnsmasq.conf.add? NVRAM is getting a little low now that the kids are home from school and have several (or more!) devices each.

Specifically "qos_rulelist".

I'm using traditional QOS because I am setting bandwidth and priority. Maybe after exams are done, etc., I'll try adaptive or FlexQOS, but can't do that now...

Thanks!

Last edited:
There is a mostly forgotten /jffs/scripts/qos-start user script you can create and will receive arguments rules (to add more iptables rules) or init (presumably to change the tc commands in /tmp/qos before being executed).

I’ve never used it, but if you can convert your extra rules to iptables -t mangle statements you could use it.

There is a mostly forgotten /jffs/scripts/qos-start user script you can create and will receive arguments rules (to add more iptables rules) or init (presumably to change the tc commands in /tmp/qos before being executed).

I’ve never used it, but if you can convert your extra rules to iptables -t mangle statements you could use it.

Ah, so the answer is "no". ;)

I have something new to learn this week, I guess.

I'm a more visual/experiential person, so if anyone has any examples, those would certainly be appreciated.

It appears the format of the qos_rule list is, with less-than and greater-than symbols as separators:
  • Device name (either from the dns_masq_conf.add or entered in manually under "service name")
  • The type of connection (tcp, udp or both) - this looks to represent a potential nvram savings as I left it in the default "both" and most of these are tcp only
  • The category of priority/speed, with 0 being the highest and 4 being the lowest, as set on the "user defined priorities" drop-down
Here's a blinded part of a qos_rulelist:

Code:
username@RT-AC66U_B1:/jffs/scripts# nvram get qos_rulelist
<LT_wrk>4C:1D:96:OD:87:00>>tcp/udp>>0<Xbox>94:9A:A9:EE:44:AA>>tcp/udp>>3<Amcr>9C:EE:CD:59:59:59>>tcp/udp>>2<Mob_10>10:10:10:CC:BB:AA>>tcp/udp>>3<kind1>74:C2:46:00:88:66>>tcp/udp>>3<M_is>DC:A9:04:00:77:00>>tcp/udp>>2<aa_iph>84:A1:34:05:54:AA>>tcp/udp>>2<zz_iph>90:DD:5D:35:22:00>>tcp/udp>>2<t480>34:13:EE:C8:34:55>>tcp/udp>>0<roku1>AC:AE:19:55:66:77>>tcp/udp>>2<K_tp>55:55:44:F3:F8:63>>tcp/udp>>2<mx_tx>93:EE:FF:91:DD:98>>tcp/udp>>1<LT-2>00:08:11:19:75:77>>tcp/udp>>2

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!