What's new

Error 0x8007010B on RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It looks like you messed up the postconf script. Delete it and start again. This time make sure the script contains only this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh
pc_replace "store dos attributes = yes" "store dos attributes = no" $CONFIG

EDIT:
NOTE: I tried (after ssh connection)

ssh command prompt:
sh smb.postconf and get error:
'mb.postconf: source: line 3: can't open '/usr/sbin/helper.sh
(yet I can cd /user/sbin/ and then sh help.sh just fine.)
You're getting this error because the file you create is in DOS format and not Unix. Either create the file correctly or run the following command:
Code:
dos2unix /jffs/scripts/smb.postconf

Last edited:
Colin,
I reedited the smb.postconf, put it onto the router and rebooted. NO Luck!

I did check the /ect/smb.conf and saw:
store dos attributes = yes
Is this correct, if the smb.postconf worked?

AGAIN,
I think the key clue to this whole FOLDER creation problem is something to do with authentication. Remember, If I change on the router menu USB Apps>Network PLace (Samba)>> Allow Guest Login = YES
THEN the entire problem goes away (despite being properly logged into the router/permissions from the Windwos File Explorer for the shared drive/folder.

NEW IDEAS?

OK - SOLVED - SUCCESS!
(I think I was using the Notepad++ incorrectly which was supposed to do the proper line return fix)
I downloaded Dos2Unix for windows, ran it on the smb.postconf file and uploaded it to /jffs/scripts/
(I missed the post about just running it on the router 'inplace'.
PERFECT.

THANKS SO MUCH. ENjoy the rest of your weekend.!
PS - I am updating my long post above to reflect SOLVED.

You need to create a custom config file as described here.

The script needs the be called smb.postconf and placed in the /jffs/scripts directory. All file names are case sensitive.

The script should look like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh

Create the file using whichever Linux editor you are comfortable with, vi or nano. Alternatively you could use the built-in editor of the Windows program WinSCP, instead of PuTTY's command line.

Make sure the file is executable after you have created it by issuing the following command:
Code:
chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/smb.postconf

Restart the router after creating the file and check that it has worked by looking at the output of this command:
Code:
grep attrib /etc/smb.conf

Thank you. This worked for me!

Seems like this issue has been popping up for more and more people over time. Does anyone have an idea what reason this is happening? The fix listed here also took care of the problem for me, but previously and without any change that I can recall I was humming along merrily.

Greetings,

I'm also struggling with this issue. Tried to follow the instructions to the letter but have been unable to resolve the issue:

Here's what I did:

smb-fix-jpg.16454

As you can see, I did the dos2unix just in case. At the end of it all, the store dos attribute was not modified.

Attachments

• SMB Fix.jpg
    SMB Fix.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,115
Last edited:
I'm not sure whether it's just the size of your terminal window, but the following needs to all be on a single line:
Code:

I'm not sure whether it's just the size of your terminal window, but the following needs to all be on a single line:
Code:

Yes, I noticed that too. In nano, I deleted all of the space between them and as soon as I put the space in there, th shifts down to the next line so I think it's just the terminal window width.

Hey guys. I ran into the same problem configuring my USB drive samba share using smb.postconf. I'm using a German Windows 7 Enterprise and an AC86U running Merlin's 384.11.
I'm having no trouble at all with changing any settings but I don't seem to get where I want to or how I'm supposed to configure samba.
So the "fix" mentioned here works for me too but obviously I'm the first one who actually really wants to store these dos attributes. I am using desktop.inis that I want to keep archived, hidden etc. and also displaying custom folder icons. That works perfectly fine for "store dos attributes = yes" but obviously not anymore as soon as I turn it off.
So how can I get the two working at the same time?

Aside from that (this may be off-topic) I'm having trouble with special chars in file and folder names. If I am using a symbolic link created by cmd mklink to one of my samba shares (I need that for programs not featuring network paths), it doesn't show files containing chars like "à", "é" and the like. Sounds like a codepage problem to me but could also be related to the first problem. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix that?

My /etc/smb.conf currently looks as follows:

Code:
[global]
dos charset = cp1252
unix extensions = no
workgroup = WORKGROUP
netbios name = bananas
server string = bananas
unix charset = UTF8
display charset = UTF8
load printers = no
printing = bsd
printcap name = /dev/null
log file = /var/log.samba
log level = 0
max log size = 5
security = USER
guest ok = no
map to guest = Bad User
encrypt passwords = yes
pam password change = no
null passwords = yes
force directory mode = 0777
force create mode = 0777
max connections = 5
socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
obey pam restrictions = no
disable spoolss = yes
host msdfs = no
strict allocate = no
wide links = no
bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = lo br0 100.10.1.1/255.255.255.0
use sendfile = yes
map archive = no
map hidden = no
map read only = no
map system = no
store dos attributes = no
dos filemode = yes
oplocks = yes
level2 oplocks = yes
kernel oplocks = no
os level = 255
domain master = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
enable core files = no
deadtime = 30
load printers = no
printable = no
max protocol = SMB2
smb encrypt = disabled
min receivefile size = 16384
passdb backend = smbpasswd
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
[SHARE1]
comment = HDD's SHARE1 in Seagate M3 Portable
path = /tmp/mnt/HDD/SHARE1
dos filetimes = yes
fake directory create times = yes
valid users = admin, user
invalid users = user
read list = admin, user
write list = admin, user

Thanks in advance, your help is appreciated!

That works perfectly fine for "store dos attributes = yes" but obviously not anymore as soon as I turn it off.
So how can I get the two working at the same time?
I'd guess that it would work if you formatted the drive as ext2/3/4 instead of NTFS. I doubt that will effect your codepage problem though.

Thx, I guess I'll try that then for once.
So is it really that hard to configure a samba share to just work flawlessly with Windows (7)?

So is it really that hard to configure a samba share to just work flawlessly with Windows (7)?
This is not a Samba problem as such but a limitation of the NTFS driver currently used by the router. Older firmwares that used a different NTFS driver never had this problem.

I am currently running version 384.12. I've checked and "store dos attributes = no".
However I am still getting errors creating subfolder when I copy a folder containing subfolders.
Manually retrying goes through, so the folders are being created, just the process keeps getting stopped for the prompt window.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I am currently running version 384.12. I've checked and "store dos attributes = no".
However I am still getting errors creating subfolder when I copy a folder containing subfolders.
Manually retrying goes through, so the folders are being created, just the process keeps getting stopped for the prompt window.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I had the same problem, the way I remember I had to add this to the smb.postconf:
Code:
pc_replace "force directory mode = 0777" "force directory mode = 2777" $CONFIG
pc_replace "force create mode = 0777" "force create mode = 2777" $CONFIG