What's new

Ethernet Aggregation with AX88U and 2014 Mac Mini Server?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MJW75

Occasional Visitor
I'm considering a AX86U mainly because of the 2.5g ethernet. However, I may consider a AX88U but this does not have 2.5g ethernet. It does however have Ethernet Aggregation. I've never used anything with this before. My Mac Mini server has two ethernet ports (one via USB) and the OS allows me to setup an aggregated link - but my current AC87U does not support it. The OS gives an error along the lines of 'the router does not supporting aggregation'.

Does anyone know if aggrategion will work with the AX88U for this setup? I'm after fast internal networking speed (Mac mini is the server), not a faster Internet connection. Thanks.

Should work...

Just note that link aggregation will not make things "faster", as this is how ethernet works.

You will see more capacity on that LAGG link, but no more speed for any given transfer.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!