What's new

Fault when setup new Ac 87r

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fannn

New Around Here
hi i bought my router in usa bestbuy. and bring it back to aus to use. i got a modem. is works perfect for me. i follow the router instruction to connect all cable to my modem. the internet light on router always red. and i cant access any internet from my router.
i use amnet i got user name and password for my ADSL. i try both auto connect and pppoe connect. all not work for me. the auto connect fault massage is cant detect my internet cable which i connect the blue point on router to my modem. and pppoe connect the fault massge is ,the time out do u want try again. i so need someone can help me. thank you for ppl help me.

来自我的 SM-N9005 上的 Tapatalk

Your modem must be set to bridge and then apply your user/pw to ac87r. It should also work if you set yor modem to router and apply your user/pass there, but then you are behind double nat. So connect your modem directly to pc, set it to bridge mode, then disconnect from pc and connect to asus and apply user/pass to asus.

Your modem must be set to bridge and then apply your user/pw to ac87r. It should also work if you set yor modem to router and apply your user/pass there, but then you are behind double nat. So connect your modem directly to pc, set it to bridge mode, then disconnect from pc and connect to asus and apply user/pass to asus.
thank you so much for the reply. i will going to try it. but i dont really know how to setup my modem to bridge mode. [emoji14] do u mind teach me how to.do it?

Depending on the modem and its configuration options. Sometime is enough to turn off the PPP/PPPoE (in the section where you input your login and password). Just post your modem type so users here can look at the user manual.

Depending on the modem and its configuration options. Sometime is enough to turn off the PPP/PPPoE (in the section where you input your login and password). Just post your modem type so users here can look at the user manual.
hi thx for reply. my modem is netgear dm 111.

To log in type http://192.168.0.1 in the address field of your browser and press Enter, when prompted, enter admin for the modem user name and password, both in lowercase letters.

Go to advanced->device mode, set Modem (Modem only) and apply. Modem should be in bridge mode. If needed, change also Basic settings, Does your internet connection require a login to no, and NAT to disable.

Reactions: fax
i setup my modem into bridge mode. and setup different gateway for router. but still not work. got error massage. the network cable is not connected. which i am always connect it

Did you connect your modem with the cable to the internet port of ASUS, reset to factory default the router and follow the instruction on screen to configure the router? Which error do you get with this process?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!