What's new

Firmware 3.0.0.4.246 almost there

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
I just saw firmware 3.0.0.4.246 has appeared on Asus's FTP server, so I expect it to appear on their website within the next day. Firmware covers N16,N66 and AC66.

No idea what's changed yet, we'll have to wait for the web release for that. :)

EDIT: not going to post the FTP link, since that FTP server is always overloaded (even connecting to it is an exercise in patience). I personally only use it to keep track of what Asus is releasing.

EDIT2: Firmwares are now available on their website for download. Quite a few bugfixes in there, including an option to disable GRO to improve stability :)

Last edited:
Downloading anything from their FTP server is nearly impossible - they have a limited number of allowed connections, and that limit is almost constantly filled. Trust me, just connecting to see what new files have been uploaded can take hours of attempts. By the time you would be able to connect AND download the file, it will already be published on their website. So just a bit of patience, shouldn't be long.

Hi,

Can we upgrade directly to this version or we need to apply first the 3.0.0.4.220 that increases the nvram to 64k? I bought a N66U and it should come with an earlier firmware.

Thanks

- lfbb

Last edited:
You should be able to directly upgrade to this new firmware. The same note as the 220 upgrade applies however: you will have to reset your settings to factory defaults.

Asus RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.246

httр://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N66U_B1/FW_RT_N66U_B1_3004246.zip

File Size 23,03 (MBytes) 2012.10.17 update

IMPORTANT, DUE TO THE NVRAM SIZE UPGRADE, CHANGE TO THIS VERSION FIRMWARE
(FROM 3.0.0.3.X UPGRADE TO 3.0.0.4.X) WILL WIPE ALL YOUR SETTING!
AFTER UPGRADED FIRMWARE, PLEASE PRESS THE RESET BUTTON
AND HOLD OVER 5 SECONDS TO RESET THE ROUTER TO DEFAULT

Fix:

• 1. DMZ and HW accelerator coexist issue.
  • 2. Some 3G modem issues
  • 3. Can't reset to default through Software Button when AiCloud is enabled.
  • 4. WPS related issues.
  • 5. VPN dns issue in Android/iOS
  • 6. Buffer overrun problem. Special thanks to Merlin for his contribution.
Modify:

• 1. Add GRO option in Advanced settings->LAN->Switch control.
    Please disable it if there are problems in UPnP and port forwarding.
  • 2. Add firmware version checking in Quick Internet Setup process.
  • 3. Add PIN code error alerting for USB modem
  • 4. WPS button can be configured as wifi on/off button
AiCoud: (for more information, please refer to http://event.asus.com/2012/nw/aicloud/index.htm)

• 1. Modify web user interface.
  • 2. Folder is shareable with shared link.
  • 3. The media files can be previewed when received the share link for folder.
  • 4. Redirect mp3 https share link to MP3 player on IOS device.
  • 5. Fixed the large file renaming problem
  • 6. Fixed some UI issues.
httр://www.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTN66U/#download :rolleyes:

You should be able to directly upgrade to this new firmware. The same note as the 220 upgrade applies however: you will have to reset your settings to factory defaults.

This doesn't apply when upgrading from 220 to 246 though, right?

From my talks with Asus I know they consider the 3G modem support to be an important feature. I recommend you contact their tech support if your issue is still not resolved with this new release, so they can take a closer look at it.

Thanks for the reply, well, I just tried the newest firmware, and the moment you disconnect the modem and reconnect, its no longer detected.. Had to do factory defaults... then it works..

The problem is still present.

Seems to be working well , no problems yet

Modify:
1. Add GRO option in Advanced settings->LAN->Switch control.

It seems that NAT Loopback issue can be solved in this stock firmware by disabling GRO option here, right?

Edward

Modify:
1. Add GRO option in Advanced settings->LAN->Switch control.

It seems that NAT Loopback issue can be solved in this stock firmware by disabling GRO option here, right?

Part of it. The router crashing issue will be resolved through this option, yes. However unless Asus also replaced the NAT loopback code (which I doubt), NAT loopback will still NAT every LAN to LAN connections, which will cause issues with some applications.

Part of it. The router crashing issue will be resolved through this option, yes. However unless Asus also replaced the NAT loopback code (which I doubt), NAT loopback will still NAT every LAN to LAN connections, which will cause issues with some applications.
Also, AFAIK there is new 6.x SDK's Wi-Fi drivers.
Some CoExistance problems in 3.0.0.4_235 beta is discovered, so meticulous Wi-Fi tests is needed.

Also, AFAIK there is new 6.x SDK's Wi-Fi drivers.
Some CoExistance problems in 3.0.0.4_235 beta is discovered, so meticulous Wi-Fi tests is needed.

There's a new "Enhanced interference management" option on the webui which controls interference management (what "wl interference x" command gets sent to the router). X is either 0 (disabled - the behaviour before Firmware 220) and 4 (Auto management, the behaviour in firmware 220). Some people had wifi issues with 220, while others had issue with previous firmwares, so Asus decided to make it a toggle option.

The Wireless driver is still the same version (6.30.39.31 (r341183))

Last edited:
There's a new "Enhanced interference management" option on the webui which controls interference management (what "wl interference x" command gets sent to the router). X is either 0 (disabled - the behaviour before Firmware 220) and 4 (Auto management, the behaviour in firmware 220). Some people had wifi issues with 220, while others had issue with previous firmwares, so Asus decided to make it a toggle option.

The Wireless driver is still the same version (6.30.39.31 (r341183))

Are you referring to the AC model? I didn't see this in the RT-N66U change log only in the AC one.

Also have the drivers been updated on the RT-N66U?

Cheers

Are you referring to the AC model? I didn't see this in the RT-N66U change log only in the AC one.

Also have the drivers been updated on the RT-N66U?

Cheers

It's possible that this option is specific to the AC (at least when I was told about it it was specific to the AC at the time). I haven't looked at the N66U firmware yet so I don't know if they also added that option to it. I was following on the 6.x SDK talks, which are specific to the AC at this time.

No idea on the N66U drivers as I didn't download it.

when we can expect yours features and new rmerlin build with this 3.0.0.4.246 ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!