What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.5 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have most of the streaming content I currently watch on my Synology DiskStation, which feeds two televisions via Kodi on my Fire TV Sticks. I'm currently using FlexQoS on my RT-AX88U and I have set it up as per the screenshots. Does that seem like a reasonable setup and is FlexQoS the best QoS to use for this purpose or would Cake be better? Other main uses on my network are web surfing, plus streaming on my son and daughter's devices (laptops and mobile phones). My son also has a game console, but he rarely uses it these days and my daughter has to occasionally use Microsoft Teams for her college work, but much less so now the pandemic lockdown has ended.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 14_08_2021 , 11_40_47.png
    Screenshot - 14_08_2021 , 11_40_47.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot - 14_08_2021 , 11_41_24.png
    Screenshot - 14_08_2021 , 11_41_24.png
    110 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot - 14_08_2021 , 11_46_22.png
    Screenshot - 14_08_2021 , 11_46_22.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot - 14_08_2021 , 11_46_48.png
    Screenshot - 14_08_2021 , 11_46_48.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 148
@dave14305 Just wanted to say thank you for Flexqos. Thanks to you and Flexqos I was able to use a 17mbps/1.5 connection to work remotely, download files and watch youtubetv while quarantined with no issues!

Last edited:
@dave14305

I believe this is the question being asked but i doubt this would benefit anything at all in regards to gaming.

Thread 'NET Control packets + gaming?' http://www.snbforums.com/threads/net-control-packets-gaming.74231/
Thanks, I see now that I never saw those posts because Xrsenal had earned his way onto my Ignore list after one too many posts about the “Gaming Port.”

I’m not much for commenting on gaming performance ideas since I have no experience with it.

Thanks, I see now that I never saw those posts because Xrsenal had earned his way onto my Ignore list after one too many posts about the “Gaming Port.”

I’m not much for commenting on gaming performance ideas since I have no experience with it.
RIGHT NOW IM USING

GAMING RULE :

UDP

LOCAL
1:65535

REMOTE !80,443

Alot of the other traffic for my ps5 is in other bc i deleted the other iptable rules.

i choose games as the priority. should i be using custom?

can someone assist?

I never remember having a convo w u ab the gaming port. It does do something, but i have no clue bc its closed source. crappy code. 2.5 is the most stable port after doing testing on my router...i apologize dave

RIGHT NOW IM USING

GAMING RULE :

UDP

LOCAL

REMOTE !80,443

Alot of the other traffic for my ps5 is in other bc i deleted the other iptable rules.

can someone assist?
essentially, is the optimal?

RIGHT NOW IM USING

GAMING RULE :

UDP

LOCAL

REMOTE !80,443

can someone assist?
I don’t see the point in specifying the full range of local ports. It’s the same as leaving it blank. Is there a local IP included in your rule, but omitted from your post?

I don’t see the point in specifying the full range of local ports. It’s the same as leaving it blank. Is there a local IP included in your rule, but omitted from your post?
Ok so blank = any?

Would you recommend including !80,443 as well for local port?

Would you recommend including !80,443 as well for local port?
No. It’s highly unlikely that any outgoing traffic is going to use ports 80 or 443 as their source.

What are you trying to achieve with this rule? As I already asked, is there an IP specified anywhere in this rule? If not, you’re classifying all UDP traffic from all devices as Gaming, which seems in conflict with the whole idea of the Gaming rule.

No. It’s highly unlikely that any outgoing traffic is going to use ports 80 or 443 as their source.

What are you trying to achieve with this rule? As I already asked, is there an IP specified anywhere in this rule? If not, you’re classifying all UDP traffic from all devices as Gaming, which seems in conflict with the whole idea of the Gaming rule.
I want my ps5 to be #1 in the Queue

Can I just give it max bandwidth and just the use the gaming rule !80,443 - !80,442 just to classify it?

I want my ps5 to be #1 in the Queue
Can I just give it max bandwidth and just the use the gaming rule !80,443 - !80,442 just to classify it?
I don’t think that makes any sense. The Gaming Rule is meant to be used to include the local IP of the gaming device. I don’t know how you’ve decided all these odd modifications to it. Maybe a fellow gamer will come to your aid soon.

I don’t think that makes any sense. The Gaming Rule is meant to be used to include the local IP of the gaming device. I don’t know how you’ve decided all these odd modifications to it. Maybe a fellow gamer will come to your aid soon.
Gaming rule is just a classification right?

Also the exclusion rule for !80,443 is not working as I see port 443 in the gaming traffic

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!