What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.3.2 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dave.

With that being said, is the traffic actually still being managed/queued by FlexQos, but not being represented?
I hope you don't mind me jumping in:
I just switched from my old and trusty RT-AC68P to the RT-AX86U.
FlexQoS is only working properly for me if I disable Flow Cache manually

To do so I added the command
Code:
fc disable
to firewall-start in /jffs/scripts

With Flow Cache enabled the router does not properly categorize and limit traffic - it almost behaves as if adaptive QoS is not turned on.

With Flow Cache disabled everything seems to work like on my RT-AC68P - including additional IP Table Entries (lowering priority for my backblaze online backups)...

I believe that this is the same on all ASUS AX routers. It certainly applies to my RT-AX56U and RT-AX68U.
I hope you don't mind me jumping in:
I just switched from my old and trusty RT-AC68P to the RT-AX86U.
FlexQoS is only working properly for me if I disable Flow Cache manually

To do so I added the command
Code:
fc disable
to firewall-start in /jffs/scripts

With Flow Cache enabled the router does not properly categorize and limit traffic - it almost behaves as if adaptive QoS is not turned on.

With Flow Cache disabled everything seems to work like on my RT-AC68P - including additional IP Table Entries (lowering priority for my backblaze online backups)...
With Flow Cache enabled, I can have some linux distro uploads going, but FlexQOS has no clue how much bandwidth is going through the router. There's ping spikes galore... a few nights ago I got roughly 280 alerts from connmon. I dropped the limits in QOS, but it had no effect, because a lot of data seems to bypass QOS entirely.
1654164922327.png

1654164943318.png

Then I checked, reapplied fc disable, and all the symptoms go away. Plus the graph shows properly again and the numbers add up.

That should be a recommended/required step, mentioned while installing. It's frustrating for novices to figure out, and seems to apply to enough router models that it warrants mentioning. Perhaps even automatically enabling it, if speeds are under 100mbit or so.

With fc disable web responsiveness with torrents going has significantly improved.

I believe that this is the same on all ASUS AX routers. It certainly applies to my RT-AX56U and RT-AX68U.

With Flow Cache enabled, I can have some linux distro uploads going, but FlexQOS has no clue how much bandwidth is going through the router. There's ping spikes galore... a few nights ago I got roughly 280 alerts from connmon. I dropped the limits in QOS, but it had no effect, because a lot of data seems to bypass QOS entirely.
View attachment 41528

View attachment 41529

Then I checked, reapplied fc disable, and all the symptoms go away. Plus the graph shows properly again and the numbers add up.

That should be a recommended/required step, mentioned while installing. It's frustrating for novices to figure out, and seems to apply to enough router models that it warrants mentioning. Perhaps even automatically enabling it, if speeds are under 100mbit or so.

With fc disable web responsiveness with torrents going has significantly improved.
I havent checked yet but I wonder if this is also affecting the GT-AX11000? Anyone else here using the AX11000 and have Flex enabled?

I havent checked yet but I wonder if this is also affecting the GT-AX11000? Anyone else here using the AX11000 and have Flex enabled?
I do and I don't seem to be having any issues but i haven't extensively tested things. If you tell me what to test I don't mind running them. I have a 1200(1000 to computer)/40 connection speed set to the manual of 815/37 and I just got the following speed test result. Note I am remoting into my main pc rn via parsec I think that's why the speeds are a tad low. have to restest when I am home. I get crap speeds if it try to run the speed test built-in on 350/35 but i was told that's due to hardware constraints.

NOTE: I Probably am missing the point here of what you are asking for lol. I just dont know how to test for that specific issue.

I dave14305,
Is there any hope for a FlexCake version?
Probably not, given the limitations of CAKE at higher speeds on these routers. It would have to be compelling for me to invest the time, meaning “would I use this myself?”. Someone else is welcome to pickup where I left off last year and see what happens.

Probably not, given the limitations of CAKE at higher speeds on these routers. It would have to be compelling for me to invest the time, meaning “would I use this myself?”. Someone else is welcome to pickup where I left off last year and see what happens.

Hey Dave aside from this....do you know what would be the advantage (if any) creating something like FlexCake? We have FlexQOS and CAKE but what would a hybrid version do if it was created? I appreciate it!

Hey Dave aside from this....do you know what would be the advantage (if any) creating something like FlexCake? We have FlexQOS and CAKE but what would a hybrid version do if it was created? I appreciate it!
The hope was to get the per-host fairness of CAKE and the categorization of Adaptive QoS (courtesy of Trend Micro) combined with diffserv4 tins.

It’s not something anyone really needs. It was more a question of “can it be done?”.

I do and I don't seem to be having any issues but i haven't extensively tested things. If you tell me what to test I don't mind running them. I have a 1200(1000 to computer)/40 connection speed set to the manual of 815/37 and I just got the following speed test result. Note I am remoting into my main pc rn via parsec I think that's why the speeds are a tad low. have to restest when I am home. I get crap speeds if it try to run the speed test built-in on 350/35 but i was told that's due to hardware constraints.

NOTE: I Probably am missing the point here of what you are asking for lol. I just dont know how to test for that specific issue.
I think the fastest way to test would be to go download some linux distros and then seed them. If you keep an eye on the graphs, and there's a big disconnect, you have your answer... apply fc disable and retest.

One question regarding this crontab entry - what's the purpose of it? I did a fresh install on a new router today and found the following line which I don't have on my old router:

16 17 18 07 Mon /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -check #flexqos_5min#

Thank you in advance,
chris

One question regarding this crontab entry - what's the purpose of it? I did a fresh install on a new router today and found the following line which I don't have on my old router:

16 17 18 07 Mon /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -check #flexqos_5min#

Thank you in advance,
chris
It’s a one-time cron job that checks the status 5 minutes after the initial FlexQoS startup. Just in case any rules got wiped or reset by the firmware. Kinda like the old FreshJR 5 minute delay, but different. Yours would run at 17:16 today and then be gone.

Has anyone tried installing FlexQoS on stock firmware? If so, can yout provide steps on how to do or maybe a link for installation? I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!