What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.3.2 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a few. See posts 202 and 203. I don’t have too many ideas on that since I’m no longer eating my own dog food.
@dave14305
would this mean no more future updates (whether maintenace or enhancements) will be made for Flex? Thanks!

Hi @dave14305, I tried the Openwrt qos for gaming and got to the results I wanted, the challenge is that I was using an r7000 and had to cut the download to 100MB (full household therefore not happy!). Since I can get acceptable results with Merlin and the AX86U, the only challenge I have left is understanding how to manually assign DSCP values to packets in Flex. I tried looking for a config file but all I could find was the iptables one.

Is there any way to manually assign DSCP marks to specific packets? (like we do in OpenWRT?)

Thanks in advance
Pietro

do i have to do anything other thand press the add gaming rule in the script to have my pc as a gaming device with highest priority ?
Make sure the Local IP is correct. You would need to monitor the connections to see if the Gaming traffic actually ends up in Gaming. The Gaming Rule only modifies Untracked connections that aren’t port 80 or 443. It won’t catch everything by default.

I need to rewrite this script for traditional QOS. I have an Asus n18u router and an unofficial ASUS-Merlin installed. In addition, I installed spd-merlin and auto-bandwitch.

Regards.

I need to rewrite this script for traditional QOS. I have an Asus n18u router and an unofficial ASUS-Merlin installed. In addition, I installed spd-merlin and auto-bandwitch.

Regards.
This script has no meaning or purpose for Traditional QoS.

This looks like SQM QoS.

1661237815170.png

I use this:
1661247515095.png

plus

1661247606602.png

This works similar to adaptive qos with manual bandwidth setting. Please help me with this script. I want to test it and adapt it to my own needs. Unfortunately, I was able to install it, but the menu showed that the adaptive qos is turned off. Need to remove checking.

Last edited:
This works similar to adaptive qos with manual bandwidth setting. Please help me with this script. I want to test it and adapt it to my own needs. Unfortunately, I was able to install it, but the menu showed that the adaptive qos is turned off. Need to remove checking.
This script won’t do anything if your router doesn’t have Adaptive QoS. It doesn’t replace Adaptive QoS. It depends on Adaptive QoS and the Trend Micro components.

This script won’t do anything if your router doesn’t have Adaptive QoS. It doesn’t replace Adaptive QoS. It depends on Adaptive QoS and the Trend Micro components.
Until I try, I won't find out. If no one helps me on this forum, I will be sitting on it myself until he finally manages to remove the checking if adaptive qos is turned on.

Unfortunately not. After repairing the code or even removing this part of the script, it still checks if qos adaptive is turned on.

View attachment 43773
True. That’s just the first of many problems you will encounter as you try to fit this script for a purpose it was never intended.

Where does your firmware come from?

Until I try, I won't find out. If no one helps me on this forum, I will be sitting on it myself until he finally manages to remove the checking if adaptive qos is turned on.
I'm not sure you quite understand how intrinsically this plugin is linked with Adaptive QoS. The script is specifically written to tweak the operation of Adaptive QoS, which works in a completely different way to Traditional QoS.
To use the car analogy, what you are doing here is asking to add airplane wings onto your car.

I'm not sure you quite understand how intrinsically this plugin is linked with Adaptive QoS. The script is specifically written to tweak the operation of Adaptive QoS, which works in a completely different way to Traditional QoS.
To use the car analogy, what you are doing here is asking to add airplane wings onto your car.

Okay. Then what can I use to improve my internet. I have LTE, router #1 Router ZTE NETBOX MF-258K kat. 15, and router #2 Asus N18U with Asus-Merlin. I also changed the antennas from 5dbi to 7dbi to increase the range of wifi at home.

Okay. Then what can I use to improve my internet.
Without replacing your router with something a bit more modern, or switching to alternative technologies like Starlink, then I'd say you would be best off simply switching to the bandwidth limiter QoS, and locking the setting for your UL/DL limits to something like 40-50Mbps.

With the variability of those observed speeds on LTE I wouldn't trust the automatic rate measurements to maintain a consistent speed cap.

This is getting off-topic for this addon thread though.

Without replacing your router with something a bit more modern, or switching to alternative technologies like Starlink, then I'd say you would be best off simply switching to the bandwidth limiter QoS, and locking the setting for your UL/DL limits to something like 40-50Mbps.

With the variability of those observed speeds on LTE I wouldn't trust the automatic rate measurements to maintain a consistent speed cap.

This is getting off-topic for this addon thread though.
It's not about a stable download speed, but about qos settings that stabilize the ping while downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!