What's new

FlexQoS vs CakeQoS vs FreshJR QoS vs ...........

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi
Thank you for fast reply .... You talk with "very" newbie ... here
No ... I have no idea how to manage Flex
Your advice is to try to reinstall Flex and activate JFFS custom scripts ... and Flex should work ?
After I install Flex also I dont understand know put things in place to optimize the settings for my specific needs
Thx
Dave
JFFS.jpg

Your advice is to try to reinstall Flex and activate JFFS custom scripts ... and Flex should work ?
Yes, FlexQoS wasn’t actually doing anything before when custom scripts was disabled. So this would be first step then see how well it works for you.

Hi
I will try in 1 hour ( my son play Fortnite and cannot reboot router ) and I will came back with results
Also I will have some questions about tweaking Flex ( if it's necessary "but I prefer to not ) about these screens.
Sorry for resolution but I download from this website those screens ...

Thx again DAVE
Best

Attachments

• Flex1.jpg
    Flex1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 448
  • Flex2.jpg
    Flex2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 430
  • Flex3.jpg
    Flex3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 394
Hi
I will try in 1 hour ( my son play Fortnite and cannot reboot router ) and I will came back with results
Also I will have some questions about tweaking Flex ( if it's necessary "but I prefer to not ) about these screens.
Sorry for resolution but I download from this website those screens ...

Thx again DAVE
Best
My suggestion is to install it and get it working for you. Then test out how the defaults work for you and from there make minor changes. You don't want to go crazy with the changes and forget what you changed. Also if you have 1 computer you can't assign it multiple classes. Your better suited to watch what Mark (you will see once FlexQOS is installed) and modify using ports not IP as needed.

First step was accomplished. Flex is installed and works with default settings. ;)
Look below and see real trafic chart with my classes right now.
Only web surfing and file transfer is active in 2 PC"s with no Fornite gaming in place

I saw different charts for Gaming and Game transferring and I dont know the difference and what "gaming they manage" ???

Attachments

• Flex4.jpg
    Flex4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 354
Thanks to those posting information to this thread. It’s very helpful in learning more about QoS.

Couple questions. I would expect if only one pc is running then QoS doesn’t provided a benefit. True? How many users are needed before QoS provides a benefit? Two or more? Or does it always provide a benefit?

First step was accomplished. Flex is installed and works with default settings. ;)
Look below and see real trafic chart with my classes right now.
Only web surfing and file transfer is active in 2 PC"s with no Fornite gaming in place

I saw different charts for Gaming and Game transferring and I dont know the difference and what "gaming they manage" ???
How have you set your Adaptive QoS bandwidth settings on the regular QoS page?

Game Transferring will take any traffic detected as Gaming, but on ports 80 and 443 and assume they are Game Downloads instead of actual Gaming traffic.

Thanks to those posting information to this thread. It’s very helpful in learning more about QoS.

Couple questions. I would expect if only one pc is running then QoS doesn’t provided a benefit. True? How many users are needed before QoS provides a benefit? Two or more? Or does it always provide a benefit?
It depends on speed of your internet provider, what your doing (streaming, gaming, etc..) and how many users on the network.

How have you set your Adaptive QoS bandwidth settings on the regular QoS page?

Yes ... I read some files on forum about some settings but I'm not sure about what is wrong and what should be the right way.
All my IP's are assigned manual and wifi with mac filtering. In total wired and wifi devices - over 30 in my local network and active more then 15 every day.

Adaptive QoS - Yes
Manual settings - 400 / 20 - here are values after speed measured on local speed tests ( 450 / 25 ) but on "external" traffic I have 300-350 / 20 ( ookla measurements) - here maybe could be a discussion settings ...What is relevant ? local measurement metropolitan or external... because online games are played on "ëxternal " servers ( we don't have local servers for big players and games )
Cable Docsis - ATM - 18 ( but I,m wondering why is no active ATM checked ? ) and if I have bridged connection via Ethernet cable CAT 6, DOCSIS settings remain active or must be set another active setting like Ethernet VLAN or other ? )
Fq_codel - Yes

Thank you about answer for GAMING but if I have 2 units ( ps4 and pc ) who activate on same Class - Gaming traffic, they could have special settings for their needs ? Because sometimes both units are active and on top of that some streaming 4k ( local or netflix - another type of straming I guess ) combine with file transfer and you anticipate what's happening ...

When you speak as GAME downloads, do you have in mind when the game is installing into device or game is playing local on PS4 or PC without online buddies ? or the Game is installed locally ( PS4 or PC ) when load from internet some packets with information sometimes ??? I don't know - best score / trophies / etc ???

Now I don't have crowded network, but everything work fine, that's why I try to make some tweaks to prevent problems.

My son play games especially from Epic games servers ( look in attach ) and ASUS have some special features for some games like these ( attach )
Should go to the port forwarding rule to activate those ports or are already active by ASUS feature ?

Attachments

• Flex5.jpg
    Flex5.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 386
  • Game active port active by ASUS.jpg
    Game active port active by ASUS.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 417
It depends on speed of your internet provider, what your doing (streaming, gaming, etc..) and how many users on the network.

Thank you for the quick response! That is helpful. I'd like to try all the scripts, but understand it all works best with less so I prefer to add the scripts providing clear and demonstrable benefit(s).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!