What's new

Fork 380.57 HGG-FINAL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the changelogs of each...

You must understand that for probably most of us here, the changelog seems okay?

Being cryptic about what is raising an issue in your eyes is not being helpful here. ;)

Nor does it contribute to helping the point you are seemingly trying to make (or continuing the discussion you want to have).

I quickly skim through the HGG-FINAL changelog. The following features caught my attention:
380.57: (5 JAN 16)
- NEW: WEBUI disable scan media (for dlna service) on boot option.
- NEW: WEBUI Power LED only option available on Stealth Mode.
- NEW: WEBUI save syslog to JFFS option.
- NEW: WEBUI support change HTTP port.
378.55: (19 JUL 15)
- NEW: FW logo.
I feel a bit uneasy. Is it only me? I scrapped half of my post after a second thought. Simply want to throw out a question for discussion...
I can't be 100% sure (no source :) and he didn't say)....but based on the descriptions I think the first four may be ports from my 374.43 fork.

I can't be 100% sure (no source :) and he didn't say)....but based on the descriptions I think the first four may be ports from my 374.43 fork.

No source can't check. It could be independent work. Or may be a port of john's work. If it's the latter, perhaps shall make it clear IMO and give proper credit.

Once installed - is it possible to revert back to 374.xx, 376.xx or 378.xx code level ?

On Merlin 380.xx you can not revert back to 378.xx/376.xx/374.xx - still valid ?

Thanks

Loaded 380.57.1-HGG-Final , did a factory reset after loading as well as power off, I'm pretty sure on the Merlin 380.57 68U load it did the same.
this is why i returned to previous load and never stayed on the 380.57 Merlin load..
this was the last item I Inserted , I did a save of all my changes before I inserted the Custom Location (Traffic history location)..

AC68U ARMv7 rev 0 (v7I)
loaded OK 2.4 looks OK
But when assgn Traffic history location to Custom Location and 68u reboots it will not recover..

before setting usbs . error checked USB 3 and 2 devices they are OK
USB both were formatted fat32

USB3 8gig
/dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt/8gig type tfat (rw,nodev,relatime,uid=0,gid=0,umask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=utf8,shortname=winnt,min_prealloc_size=64k,max_prealloc_size=7542372,readahead=1M,nocache,fail_safe,falloc_skip_zeroing,hidden=show,errors=continue)

Jan 10 12:20:09 kernel: scsi 3:0:0:0: Direct-Access PMAP PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
Jan 10 12:20:09 kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] 15124992 512-byte logical blocks: (7.74 GB/7.21 GiB)
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: sda: sda1
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: tfat: fail_safe is enabled
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: tfat: cluster_heap_lbo 0xe67000
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: tfat: 12 blkbits for normal inodes
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: tfat: fat start lbo 0x4000
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: tfat: 11 blkbits for main FAT32 inode
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: tfat: cluster size 4096
Jan 10 12:20:10 kernel: tfat info: FAT32 volume name '8gig', version 0.0.
Jan 10 12:20:10 hotplug[1621]: USB vfat fs at /dev/sda1 mounted on /tmp/mnt/8gig
Jan 10 12:20:10 usb: USB vfat fs at /dev/sda1 mounted on /tmp/mnt/8gig.
Jan 10 12:20:11 rc_service: hotplug 1621:notify_rc restart_nasapps
Jan 10 12:20:12 iTunes: daemon is stopped
Jan 10 12:20:12 FTP Server: daemon is stopped
Jan 10 12:20:12 Samba Server: smb daemon is stopped
Jan 10 12:20:12 kernel: gro disabled
Jan 10 12:20:12 Timemachine: daemon is stopped
Jan 10 12:20:12 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2
Jan 10 12:20:14 Samba Server: daemon is started

mount point on web interface is /mnt/8gig/

changed it to /tmp/mnt/8gig/

does not matter

lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin root 7 Jan 8 20:26 mnt -> tmp/mnt

still will not recover,... Reset it with WPS and restore settings and say on 380.57.1_HGG for now!
!!
Guess if it's smells right good to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Once installed - is it possible to revert back to 374.xx, 376.xx or 378.xx code level ?

On Merlin 380.xx you can not revert back to 378.xx/376.xx/374.xx - still valid ?

Thanks

I reloaded 378_56_2 on a 68u no problems

cheers

Also on 380.57.1 for 68u on setting the LAN-->DHCP Server-->Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list "it works but ?? sets their quite a while if it even works! It final does work!"

FireFox 43.0 (OS) linux Mint 17.3

Last edited by a moderator:
Also on 380.57.2 for 68u on setting the LAN-->DHCP Server-->Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list "it works but ?? sets their quite a while if it even works! It final does work!"

FireFox 43.0 (OS) linux Mint 17.3

I didn't know there was an 380.57.2 out?

AC3200 but may apply to others as well.
This is not an issue with official or Merlin firmware. only on 380 HGG.

Been using the 380 final since release.
I can see 1 issue that maybe can be fixed:
Setting 5G-1 to a fixed channel seem to completely turn off 40/80 mhz bands on 5G-1.
I have tried these settings with various channels (36,40,44,48) for wireless modes:
- Auto
- N only
- Legacy
- N/AC only
in combination with:
- 20/40/80 mhz mode
- 20/40 mhz
- 40 mhz

only 20mhz connections are made. and Istumbler always say the router is broadcasting 20mhz only.
If I change the channel to "auto" on 5G-1, it binds to a high channel like 149,150 and 80mhz which kills the signal and no connections can be made.
(AC3200 has 2 5-G networks, 80mhz on 5G2 and channel 149 works perfect, the 5G1 only works on 36-60 channel , and is intended to. but with HGG firmware it jumps up to 140+ channel thus ruining the signal).

Only way to get it to show in router-overview (the wireless icon top right corner) with 40 mhz is if on AUTO channel and with some luck with numerous reboots where it finally puts itself on channel 36-48 so it can be used.

Can this be addressed? I want to get 20/40 or 40 only on 5G-1 with channel 36-48 so it can be used by the clients and get good signal.
Like can i run some command over telnet to change available channels for 5G1? meaning: remove all 149 and up.

same behavior with rt-ac66

No source can't check. It could be independent work. Or may be a port of john's work. If it's the latter, perhaps shall make it clear IMO and give proper credit.

So seems hggomes chose to selectively ignore discussion and did not bother to clarify a thing. Let me be blunt and put forward the question:

@hggomes, did you develop those four features independently by yourself?

So seems hggomes chose to selectively ignore discussion and did not bother to clarify a thing. Let me be blunt and put forward the question:

@hggomes, did you develop those four features independently by yourself?

Really? That was your question all along? :rolleyes:

Isn't open source software supposed to be shared? I don't see what the problem is (even if he didn't 'develop' it himself).

Sure, it would be nice to give credit to the original author (as he does for RMerlin, for example), but couldn't you just PM him this question instead?

Isn't open source software supposed to be shared? I don't see what the problem is (even if he didn't 'develop' it himself).
I agree, not a big deal....it's open source, and if it is a port or he was able to use part as a guide, that's what open source is all about. I was just responding to someone who was concerned about the potential history of those particular updates. I'd suggest we just let it end there as far as any more discussion in this thread.

?

When both sides are open source, it's trivial to everyone. I found this argument hilarious. Given many people encouraged hggomes to go open source, he refused. That violates GPL to begin with. Now you're saying john's fork being open source, could be shared..(referenced..copied..whatever you would like to put it).

In what right HGG fork cannot be open source. Not to mention that he violated GPL already which implies shall stop the operation immediately. Or better open up the source code to continue serving his users and the community better. Also let his operation be conducted openly on the forum.

but couldn't you just PM him this question instead?

Uh? I don't see this relevant..

?

When both sides are open source, it's trivial to everyone. I found this argument hilarious. Given many people encouraged hggomes to go open source, he refused. That violates GPL to begin with. Now you're saying john's fork being open source, could be shared..(referenced..copied..whatever you would like to put it).

In what right HGG fork cannot be open source. Not to mention that he violated GPL already which implies shall stop the operation immediately. Or better open up the source code to continue serving his users and the community better. Also let his operation be conducted openly on the forum.

Uh? I don't see this relevant..
If your not happy there are plenty of other options to use. Personally I don't have an issue and I am just glad we have options.

Kvic, you have big issues.
Please make your own tread were you can discuss GPL, licences, violations.
We are trying to discuss about 380.57 version here like features, improvments, bugs
I know that you will keep spaming this forum but maybe... Please start your own tread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your not happy there are plenty of other options to use. Personally I don't have an issue and I am just glad we have options.

I'm glad to hear you appreciate options or choices. The rule of game in open source is exactly to guarantee choices and no individual or company will take away the source code and prevents more choices.

Sadly, your understanding/attitude towards open source on the contrary is killing..choices on the long run.

There are many examples of open source being used as the source to develop private forks.

He is not providing nor forcing anyone to use his forks.

As others have said, choice is good and the users can decide on their own.

The gpl, choice and other points being brought up is dismissing the main point; anyone can do what they want with the public code.

Whether you think it should be shared (source code) or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.